MUWT 2: The Quickening

Surprisingly, everyone who has ever fucked.

1 Like

The hotness of the lesbians was diminished by 31% through that mise-en-scene.

persona, briefly

I think I would of liked the accountant if it didn’t have the treasury department subplot and the five different explanations for ben afflecks background, he was trained by ninjas, he was military, he was in prison, he was actually secret double agent military person while in prison and still is or something, etc.

It uses a .50 for anti-material purposes.

The preview makes it look exactly like The Town, i.e. a movie that is generally about a thing I like and is on point with its technical details and mise-en-scene but whose protagonist is a flawless perfectman who couldn’t possibly be more groaningly boring.

It’s a very conventional Violent Professional With Carefully Prescribed Life Gets The Feels Which Inspires Him To Act Outside of His Usual Boundaries just with high-functioning autism and his dad’s weird way of trying to deal with it thrown in as an explanation for why he is an isolated socially stunted superbadass of great financial means.

There’s some bonkers shit in it. The stuff that put off parker had me laughing. But it’s overall pretty dull.

j.k. simmons narrates every second of a five hour long flash back in the middle of movie

1 Like

but on the other hand in that flashback ben affleck puts a gun to a guys head and asks “were you a good dad?” this is emblematic of why I’ve got mixed feelings about the movie

They never use the minigun you see in the trailer.

SPOILER: he was Batman

Wow The Lost World is really bad! And the CG looks awful.

And Act 4 is the screenwriter well…doing as badly as he did with Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull.

exciting dialog like “Hold on to something.” and “Hold on to something.” (said consecutively)

Watching the new bluray of the thing after centuries of DVD and wow, everyone’s pants look so dirty!

The sweaters are so ribbed!

Keith David is so svelte!

That matte painting is so a matte painting!

Every gross monstrosity I’ve become completely numb to by now is so wet and yuck!

Even my cat can’t stop staring!

1 Like

When Windows busts open the weapons cabinet the Norwegian’s HK is sitting there.

A real revelation!

2 Likes

p.s. sorry internet I def saw hints of steamy breath from Childs it’s just that Mac is lit such that his really POPS every time your theories always turn out this way I hate you

I did not like Arrival as much as my fond memories of Contact.

“Why build one when you can build two for twice the price.”

Arrival is pretty good, but I always have to wonder at hitching these gritty brainy realistic first contact sci fi stories to a protagonist’s specific emotional damage.

D:

So I rewatched (#1 greatest movie of all time (tied with The Conversation)) PREDATOR again after a grip and

I had forgotten about Bill Duke and the hog D:

2 Likes