MUWT 2: The Quickening

yeah Wong is pretty good for the 5 minutes he’s in the actual movie. They should have let that guy just be the ancient one, it would have solved everyone’s problems. Also what is the deal with mordo not becoming evil until the post-credits sequence, it’s not like that surprise is going to shock anyone

It’s one of the only orange and teal films that I think looks really great in orange and teal.

1 Like

well

desert

I watched road warrior in black and white and humongous gang was a lot more terrifying

Wait what movies have you been seeing in motion picture cinemas?!

discreetly readies note-taking device

:frowning:

discreetly puts his notes and dick away

Holy Motors had a boner, but the netflix version censored it at one point

I guess I saw a giant computer-generated bonner rushing toward me on the Big Screen thanks to gaspar noe and then rode the rails of its cumblast

he was bound to be good for something at some point!

(I don’t really want to watch Love, no matter how many real actual boners it contains)

1 Like

namaste, Jaden

8 Likes

This movie is going own so hard.

1 Like

How’s that for '90s retro

Fifth Element should have been more influential than The Matrix

more of this is a Good Thing

2 Likes

Mooltipass

Supergreen

Here’s a thing from polygon last month: http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/10/13226600/valerian-and-the-city-of-a-thousand-planets-luc-besson-interview

Three studios are doing the special effects: ILM, Weta Digital and Rodeo FX. Each is focusing on one thing, like one’s doing just the aliens, another is doing just the space ships and stuff and etc. It’s going to be a feast. Can’t wait to own to blu ray.

I can’t wait for it to be a listless bore like Lucy that even the Eurocomic stylings can’t save 8)

3 Likes

Enjoyed it a good deal as well, but my immediate takeaway was that the last sex scene was distractingly symmetrical.

1 Like

I saw the Handmaiden on mothmanspirit’s recommendation. I almost pulled an Abe Simpson after buying my ticket, cuz the theater had a printed sign up saying the movie was fuckin 3 hours long, and man, I don’t got time for that shit. But it’s not 3 hours long. It was still maybe too long, and maybe twisted and turned a bit too much for my taste, but it was very good, and I liked how the final scene was banging. Just banging. I wish they’d skipped the torture shit and just had the two dudes fuck each other to death. I never wanna see torture in a movie ever again. Bring on the banging, though.

Tonight I went to see Ghost World. I don’t think I watched the entire movie before? I know I half-watched it on cable once. I remember thinking it was an ideal adaption, cuz it wasn’t “The Book…But Now It’s Moving Pictures!”, but I was also not that into the emphasis being moved from the relationship between the girls to the relationship between Enid and the sad older guy.

But now I’m the sad older guy, and also I watched the film in its entirety instead of just out of the corner of my eye on an 11" CRT while playing Warcraft 3, and it’s very good and not the 100% middle-aged wank fantasy I remembered it being. It was also a great audience, because that’s what I care about when I go to the movies: the audience. I go to these movies nowadays, man, and you just see all these fuckin lame-o’s…but this was a real weird crowd. This was a lotta people going to see a movie by their lonesome. This crowd looked like it was drawn by Clowes, and not in some fuckin lame Rocky Horror way, like they were doing cosplay. These were real deal weirdos, these were my kinda people, so of course I left thinking “I should talk to these weirdos” but there’s also that line in the movie where they go “I don’t want to meet people who share my interests. I hate my interests.” So I just came home and logged onto select button dot net…where we all hate our interests.

5 Likes

I feel like part 3 in general is kind of oddly paced and structured. If you’re going to have the death by mercury fade-out, end there. No banging. OR. Leave Fujiwara to a uncertain fate, then bang. The way it is now makes it suffer from Return of the Kingism, but at least it has banging, so not quite as bad. Still, who fucks on a table on their knees?

seriously, that shit was in blue is the warmest color too and it’s like, is this a joke?