MUWT 2: The Quickening

I watched Army of Darkness because I took the first few episodes of Ash vs. Evil Dead for a spin. They were very OK!

Bruce Campbell does aging trailer park lothario/oblivious dumbass/murder savant as effortlessly as one would expect.

There are occasional fountains of blood.

My biggest annoyance is how obvious/lazy the dynamic between Ash’s Young Sidekicks are: the earnest young dork with the huge crush on the megahot toughchick that literally calls him Like A Brother and he’s all But Uh I Uh FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

Maybe it improves over time idk.

I sure am unemployed!

p.s. take the fucking elephant

1 Like

The presence of Lucy Lawless made the tv show feel like a lost part of the raimi 90s back to back action hour.

The ending was a pleasing surprise

That last episode was actually pretty great, yeah!

I’m so unemployed.

Damn I need to watch that show. I keep forgetting it exists. What is the easy way to internet that shit?

The car stuff in the latest episode was awesome.

I use Kodi for my TV pirating, but I always feel apprehensive about suggesting it because no one ever talks about it and I get suspicious

My dad uses kodi

it felt like a hassle for me to use

And Lucy Lawless looks like a KoF character in it.

2 Likes

Idk, a streaming aggrator seems like the least hassle

I still just go to rarbg for recently-aired TV torrents

I’m an old man and don’t mess with noncorporate software any more. I just mean like, what legal streaming service can I pay money for to watch this

Idk if you can buy Stars streaming by itself, but that’s your only option as far as I know.

That sounds dumb. Good to know.

Think it is on Hulu or Hulu plus an additional fee.

Just watched The Grandmaster Berlin cut with J-subtitles. Maybe waited too long and can’t compare it to the Weinstein cut I saw in theaters. It’s a cumbersome movie either way with no real clear vision outside of wanting to show the girl’s story and the framing of Ip Man’s kind of story getting in the way. So the Western version tries to hide Gong’s story. In both versions WKW tries to flimsly connect to his eternal theme of “Love at the Wrong Time” at the detriment to Gong’s character.

Wong Kar Wai films succeed on mood and feeling and I have no idea what this film wanted me to feel most of the time.

And the sporadic fight scenes were mostly a blurry mess.

Okay I wrote that while the last 5 minutes played out what the hell was that Dark Knight music and turns towards the camera shit?

look, cuba

I mean who hasn’t been there?

(it’s on Amazon too)

FIRE AND ICE is kind of a meandering bore and probably only exists because Ralph Bakshi wanted to get paid to trace the buttocks of a lady cosplaying a Frazetta babe but sometimes it’s beautiful and features not-Conan flexing his way through the paralysis spells of not-Elric to deliver the killing blow.

Your mileage may vary.

2 Likes

it is fortunate in being easy to watch, at least. osmosis film.