MUWT 2: The Quickening

Its a pinball machine!

1 Like

Y’all I really wanted to talk about The Old Man With A Gun instead. The opening shot is a real neat bank I have stared at for 30 years!

what did you plan to do that you stared at it 30 years?

guess that you needed some geezer to tell you how to do these things, hotshot… j/k, i absolutely loved Redford in this. It looked like he had a great time doing that final hurrah to end his acting career, and it was a nice touch to focus on the people in this movie.

basically, the most relaxed and chilling heist movie of all time?
Yeah, sounds right.

1 Like

if it ain’t in a movie, it’s ain’t canon

The TV series canon is the only Aladdin canon that matters

Nobody kicks Mechanicles to the curb on my watch

3 Likes

not only is the Aladdin TV show not canon, the Hercules TV show isn’t canon either

and that means they never crossed over

all of it

a lie

(I think all the Stitch TV shows are canon but then we have to get into an argument if the Stitch anime that’s never been seen in the west is canon and well, no)

1 Like

mozenrah was the inspiration for mqny a beginners first necromancer in dnd

1 Like

Today I saw the trailer for some new Joker origin story movie that is an extremely obvious homage to Scorsese’s NYC period?? Like, what if we remade The King of Comedy, except Rupert Pupkin is the Joker? Weird shit, hollywood is mutating.

Are we gonna have like a 70’s New Hollywood style renaissance of experimental mainstream cinema, except all the weirdo mid-budget art films are gonna have to shoehorn in a comic book character?

Whatever, I’m still not gonna go see them. Until they remake The Conversation, starring Howard the Duck.

3 Likes

it’s definitely “What if King of Comedy and Taxi Driver were the same movie, and also Batman EU content”

2 Likes

Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid except the Tick & Arthur

1 Like

I’m impressed that they shoved an even dumber human plot in King of the Monsters than what was in '14 because some idiot really wants a goddamn monster cinematic universe but that’s okay because I like that Godzilla is still portrayed as a grumpy old man who just wants to sleep but we keep doing shit by accident that wakes him up and then he’s gotta go grab his bat

3 Likes

best movie of 2019 so far, isn’t it?

For Holly blockbustin types I think I’ve enjoyed Alita the most.

Yo I heard about The Wandering Earth’s reception but am trying to see if chinese cinema’s “Crazy Alien” is worth a watch

it was reminiscent of “Atlantic rim”

Back in Japan had more Plane Movies.

Dragon Ball Broly was fucking sweet. Those fight scenes were incredible and giving everyone pathos and dumb jokes and Goku is Chaotic Evil.

Aquaman AKA Ocean Master was cool as well for being a bunch of green screen nonsense. Outside of the four movies that are also inside it, it’s basically a kungfu movie where One Weird Trick will win. And Aquaman’s brother is totally in the right except all the pollution is from energy problems and if y’all had an infinite energy solution shouldn’t you fucking share it?

Also guess Superman and Bats were busy cleaning up all the humanlife and destruction on every costal city in the world?

Gotta Maintain the ancient monarchy. But give me a film about those crab men.

2 Likes

they are not doing this but there will apparently be a movie entirely about those deep sea demon people for some reason

Ocean’s Eleven (2001)
I kinda hated it. The love subplot feels unnecessary. The Vegas setting is unappealing. The characters aren’t likable. The heist simultaneously feels unrealistic and boring.

I did like the twist ending that implies they didn’t get away with it, they’re going to get murdered. It felt a little out of place though, like they took it from something else.

Rocketman is a really good film musical and loads better than the shambling abomination that was Aladdin

Booksmart fucking owned and should probably be the dumb high school coming of age comedy standard moving forward

2 Likes

everyone who fucking needs to see Booksmart and its message “actually all of the assholes you’re looking down on are also smart and successful you idiot” will sadly never fucking see it

2 Likes

there’s cgi in them thar hills

3 Likes