MUWT 2: The Quickening

sounds like

one very large baked potato

1 Like

you ever get the feeling that a movie is written and performed entierely by rich people guessing at what life is like based on what they read in the new yorker

that’s the feeling i got from the 7 or so minutes i watched of the unicorn store

4 Likes

Even watching the trailer I was wondering what fucking planet these people lived on

1 Like

(don’t say Twee’lek)

(don’t say Twee’lek)

1 Like

https://tcclibrary.com/

Useful list for people who are subscribing to the criterion channel in the US and Canada. You can switch countries at the top.

Two days later do I ask did you mean the Twi’lek homeworld of Ryloth?

Fuck why do i remember Star Wars Trivia I hate it!

1 Like

Quick, what planet is Maul from?

Maul of America

12 Likes

He’s a Zabrak from Dathomir but I forget if Dathomir is the home planet of the Zabrak or if he had some other reason for being from there

1 Like

rip Star Wars Galaxies

2 Likes

Zabraks hail from Dathomir. Well done!

I know this mainly due to Clone Wars.

king arthur the guy ritchie one is bad but not that bad, don’t understand why this flopped and other stuff doesn’t i guess. the music is interesting for a dumb as dirt movie like this.

I liked it until the cgi monster fight at the end

1 Like

movie was shite

guy ritchie is shite

3 Likes

High Life was… fine. Not half as weird as the trailers make it out to be.

Whole movie should have been about the space ship full of dogs.

Buddy of mine narrowly missed making it to a screening with a director Q&A. Terrible shame, because he would have asked her “how did the dogs type their status reports to extend their ship’s life support every 24 hours??”

4K Alien blu ray rips are up and they are v choice

3 Likes

in 2019 there’s a movie where the ex texas rangers who killed bonnie and clyde are the heroes and, ya know, it’s not so bad. it’s like 2 hours of kevin costner and woody harrelson kicking the shit out of teens and teaching them life lessons.

edit: that makes it sound way more action packed than it actually is. it’s mostly just hats and sad piano music.

1 Like

woody harrelson could kick my ass and teach me a life lesson but 9nly if afterwards i got to ask him how Defendor got made

canon to bonnie and clyde, true detective season 1, and space jam

1 Like

While I agree that it missed the point of the original by 10 miles — I actually thought it was alright, as its own GiTS Gaiden sorta thing. And would like to see another.

I finally watched Creed II. As a big Rocky fan, I’m not sure why it took me this long.

It didn’t hide the formula as much as Creed I. But the casting is so good and they did a great job with all the character stuff, away from the fights. I wish they could have done a little more with the Dragos. and this was probably the worst montage of the whole series? I wanted to appreciate the aesthetic they were trying to go for with the locale. but the director didn’t put me in it. and I didn’t get any sort of sense of who Adonis is trying to be, during the training. And I was hoping for another one take fight. that fight in Creed I totally sucked me in. Hopefully Coogler directs again, on the next one. New guy was only serviceable, with the action.

Anyway, that might read pretty negative. I liked it. Its a solid entry. The action bits don’t match some of the later Rocky’s, but the family/people bits remind me of Rocky at its best, with those parts. And Adonis being walked in by Bianca as she performs his walk-in song, was a really awesome story beat for this couple.

1 Like