MUWT 2: The Quickening

i really love happy together! it’s kind of my favorite, besides maybe in the mood for love. i just… love tony leung

i think maybe i actively dislike blueberry nights

1 Like

Which good time?

Blueberry Nights is fantastic when it is Jude Law being sad.

I continue to make questionable moviegoing decisions

Overlord: actually good? Surprisingly good? For a movie being sold as some Nazi zombies thing, it’s pretty restrained (it’s just a WW2 movie for the first 40 minutes) and even when it starts going all Wolfenstein, it stays pretty grounded.

The Grinch: track down every copy of this film and burn them all and salt over the ashes. The Grinch didn’t need a fucking backstory (as an unadopted orphan!) to explain his hating Christmas. Cindy Lou doesn’t need half the fucking movie in a mindnumbingly stupid B-plot to explain why she runs into the Grinch as he grinches shit up. why the fuck does the Grinch need to kidnap a fat reindeer? you just put that fucking reindeer in to make him realize that wants a family, but, well, then what the fuck are the Whos in Whoville for then?

HOW DO YOU TELEGRAPH THE “3 SIZES LINE” FROM THE ORIGINAL STORY AND THEN REPLACE IT WITH “HIS HEART TRIPLED IN SIZE” I’M PRETTY SURE DR. SEUSS CAN WRITE BETTER RHYMES THAN YOU AND ALSO HE DOESN’T NEED 90 FUCKING MINUTES OF MOVIE TO GET TO THE SAME POINT JUST FUCKING CANONIZE THE BOOK AND ORIGINAL CHUCK JONES SPECIAL AND BAN ALL FUTURE VERSIONS MY GOD

8 Likes

what’s the sb consensus on young pope anyway

the other side of the wind was great. unbelievably gorgeous cinematography.

then I watched touch of evil, which was same.

it’s pretty sad that basically every single Welles film comes with an asterisk stating “we tried to un-fuck this movie as best we could, sorry hollywood sucks”

1 Like

We’re playing NRA on Monday nights again so as far as I’m concerned Violence Club is BACK baby

2 Likes

here are all the movies i can remember watching on airplanes this week (i probably have already forgotten a few)

Ocean’s 8: Pretty good, actually. Surprisingly inter-connected with the rest of the Ocean’s series. Sarah Paulson owns.

Jurassic World 2: Might be better than Jurassic World 1, but still irredeemably fucking stupid.

He Won’t Get Far on Foot: The actual title of this movie might be even longer. Pretty weird middle-ground between Artsy Gus Van Sant and Oscar Bait Gus Van Sant. it did make me cry like 3 times but I was on a plane so those don’t count.

Tag: Not gonna lie, this also made me cry at least once, because of the power of friendship. It sucked though, even though Hannibal Burress is cool.

Deadpool 2: Eh, this amused me far more than I’m comfortable admitting, but I can’t really remember why. Embarrassing to watch while sitting next to other adults. Didn’t cry.

5 Likes

good time made me wanna not drop my film major last year… its the most realistic movie ive ever seen

2 Likes

I loved it, like a parker novel but the characters replaced with people I knew in highschool

2 Likes

manhunter but the 2015 equivalent of 80s serial killers is solipsistic 4chan sociopaths

in the script sadak is described as being in his 20s and thin, I wonder if they changed it because hemsworth beating him up would have been funny

1 Like

Hope they do a WIDOWS prequel trilogy:

WIDOWS 95
WIDOWS 98
WIDOWS MILLENNIUM

7 Likes

WIDOWS MILLENNIAL EDITION cmon it was right there. :V

2 Likes

lol i was just telling someone i wanted to go see the steve mcqueen movie and i couldn’t remember if it was called widows or windows

i know nothing about the plot

It’s about women, who had husbands, but don’t any more.

2 Likes

i do not watch a lot of movies but buster scruggs is a good time

1 Like

The stagecoach trapper probably gives Tulpa an eye twitch

I haven’t watched it yet, why?

let’s just say he takes after Henry James

So uh um The Night Comes for Us. Huh.

Owns?