MUWT 2: The Quickening

Getting shut down literally to improve stock holders portfolios. Full on not successful enough I guess sorrry!

I would have used it except for IP hassles.

Well back to piracy everyone. Except me since I can be deported if I get caught.

having just watched Sorry to Bother You, I can confirm that @Beeā€™s take was 100% correct

3 Likes

Had myself a real dude movie night that helped cleanse my pallete after Hitchcock. I maybe rented too many but it was 4 movies for 4 dollars. Any movies. Anyways still gotta watch Kong Skull Island which I hope lives up to the title Kong Skull Island.

A Better Tomorrow, Scario, and Kellyā€™s Heroes were all great. ABT was all about dude feelings. I was real impressed it was 90% about how dudes feel. KH had an incredible amount of explosions. My freaking lord. And it had Don Rickles.

Scario which I liked was also the weakest of the bunch. South Texas movies really touch something for me now that I donā€™t live there. That Chris Pine Robbery movie was the same way. But lord I could not get behind Emily Bluntā€™s character or why she was even freaking chosen. That shit is so delicate the first time they hold doubt you get them out of the fucking room. It was still super tense and cool.

Is the sequel which is I guess just flip flops CIA and death incarnate murdering people any good? This film honks around with moralizing and then not.

Reminded there are gang controlled parts of San Antonio that my at-home-visit nurse could not enter without permission. But was untouchable once she was let in.

2 Likes

twilight is good

3 Likes

Kong Skull Island was 100% a movie called Kong Skull Island.

3 Likes

Yeah it rules

1 Like

caught a local screening of MFKZ/Mutafukaz, w/ subs. Movieā€™s based on a french manga/comic by renard, andā€¦ itā€™s a wild one, iā€™d say.
aside from studio 4C, the credits list support by GAINAX, and it shows, literally.

Still not sure what to make of some cuts where the movie seems to jump some exposition (or the source material does so?), but hell, did i enjoy the action scenes, esp the car chaseā€¦

recommended to catch it, if it plays near you, that is!

2 Likes

another night, another anime screening:

picking up where a show left me longing for more, 7 to 8 years later i discovered, much to my surprise, that the show tatamai galaxy got some kind of sequel-ish movie that explains the happenings of an important night in the charactersā€™ lifes.

I tried not too expect too much, since it has been 7+ years since i last saw the show, but much to my surprise, i could remember that some of the characters already were in the show, the plot and even some background-info thatā€™s been long forgotten, or so i thought.

a wonderful, wacky, surreal ride, highly recommended if you are an anime snob like me.

stealth edit: duh, whatā€™s the name of the movie, sir?

Night is Short, Walk on, Girl.

edith2: tatami galaxyā€¦

3 Likes

Man I donā€™t know what it was about the sound mix or the theater or whatever, but when both the opening and closing songs of Streets of Fire hit, I started to tear up a little bit. It felt like being there.

6 Likes

When I watched it earlier this year I could only think, how did this jam not exist in my life before? I immediately recognized it as off-kilter and heightened in a way that movies arenā€™t and games are.

@shrug

Iā€™m sorry, I helped make this happen

3 Likes

One Cut Of The Dead was real great and yā€™all should all watch it without knowing anything about it.

Okay that the Japanese title is even better which roughly translates to DONā€™T STOP FILMING!

2 Likes

yeah I loved it

1 Like

Escape Plan 2 is a bad sequel to a movie that was okay.

1 Like

was reminded recently that i want to read liu cixin and apparently thereā€™s a film adaptation to one of his novels coming out in february. looks v basic but iā€™m interested in knowing what big budget (?) chinese science fiction looks / sounds / feels like.

probably wonā€™t come out in my country though which is a bummer

2 Likes

I saw the DVD case for Escape Plan 2 in an Indiana truck stop and had a serious 5 minutes of pouring over it trying to figure out if it was real or some weird Chinese bootleg.

They should have made the entire Escape Plan 1 out of Jim Caviezels. Dude was having the time of his life.

While i guess Iā€™m happy I can see quality new release movies on Netflix without having to change my out of my pajamas or get off my couch, I really wish I could have seen both Apostle and The Night Comes For Us in a movie theatre. I would have loved to have shared a reaction of the meat grinder scene with a theater full of people.

Iā€™m sure bohemian rhapsody isnā€™t close to being a good movie, itā€™s a montage filled formulaic corny music biopic, probably should of been called queenā€™s greatest hits: the motion picture, but it is queen and freddie mercury so I enjoyed it, and it uses the actual music, and I saw it completely exhausted so I ended up crying the whole movie while people behind me snickered at every Gay thing in the movie. and I donā€™t mean eyes watering Iā€™m talking tears running down cheeks, I canā€™t even remember the last time that happened. I was getting emotional over some mr rogers trailer beforehand too. you turn 33 and the wheels just start falling off I guess. one thing I really liked is how nice and friendly the band are. usually in these things the genius famous person just comes across as a weird asshole, but the band all seemed like nice goofballs, but nice goofballs who will still throw a rock through some shitty producer guys window and laugh about it, which is good.

9 Likes