Mortal Kombat XI reveal livestream starting now

Am I the only stan for Kung Jin? Only confirmed queer character in the entire series? Awesome bow-staff combo weapon?

Also, undoing Scorpion resurrected into a mortal hot-ass human? That sucks.

I for one loved the Kombat Kids. They each represented a lineage, either from parents or tradition, that could have ushered in a new direction for the series.

But I guess we’re doing the time warp again.

1 Like

Kung Jin was super lame but he was worth it to have the stupid thunder god from the dumb game I used to play at the roller rink 20 years ago go ‘It’s ok to be gay!’

3 Likes

Is Ashly Burch like a big time voice actor now

Kinda? It was sort of a brouhaha when they went without her for the Life is Strange prequel, anyway (same year she did Horizon Zero Dawn, I think).

Lotta early rumors about there being a Shaolin Monks mode in this thing that I guess hasn’t been confirmed yet. Never played it, but I’ve heard good things!

this is a good part of the world

Just the fact of her and her voice makes such a statement in Horizon, against the Staid Fantasy Voices. It’s one of the very best things about that game

1 Like

I’ve only ever consciously heard her in Borderlands 2, where the particular character that her brother was writing for her was extremely grating and not even close to as funny as they thought it was.

Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin is still one of the funniest sketch shows I’ve ever watched though.

1 Like

Also to out Liu Kang as a homophobic ass.

Liu Kang’s an asshole who drops arcade machines on fools.

Sounds good! The arbitrary control complexity sounds about right for NRS, and it’s something I hope they’ll simplify some day.

It’s weird that they’d change how meter burn works. Between MKX and Injustice 2, tapping R2 or holding R2 at the right time was simple enough.

D’Vorrah, Erron Black and Kotal Kahn were such good designs and fun characters to play it would be criminal to not bring them back. I’d imagine the Kombat Kids would be a tough choice because Cassie and Takeda were a lot of fun in the previous game but Jacqui and Kung Jin were not so great. It’s kinda crazy how intent they were in canonically killing off characters between story mode and the rather excellent comic book (And good news. The author of the MK comic book, Shawn Kittlesen, is writing MK 11’s story mode) and now they are bringing them back again.

Samurai Showdown is doing the gore thing (for some reason), maybe they’ll trade characters? Or maybe this is the Mortal Kombat we finally get Riddick in.

Hammer Girl from The Raid 2
Every member of Five Finger Death Punch, Ninja Turtles-style
Ned Stark from Game of Thrones
The titular D of Vampire Hunter fame

After Negan in Tekken, anything can happen

The Super Smash Bros Ultimate roster (one character)

they’re gonna put spawn in

the end point of all mortal kombat is just todd mcfarlane characters / 90’s image comics

like they put hellboy in ij2, from that comic i have never read and never will what’s it called

my team is gonna definitely be Spawn/Savage Dragon

please choose your wolverine ripoff for inclusion

all suggestions must be personally hand delivered to ed boon by way of postage

2 Likes

Just put the cast of The Night Comes for Us in it and I will be giddy.

I think this was because the producers went around the voice actor’s strike to hire all non-union replacements?

2 Likes

Scab labour is shit labour

1 Like

holy shit i was just joking

5 Likes