Mortal Kombat XI reveal livestream starting now

V got ridiculous but SS was all about blood exploding off of shit until VI

I was torn between Hammer Girl and The Operator but went with Hammer Girl because I want sign language.

Maybe someday Julie Estelle will get to play a character in a MA movie with a real name

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been against it!

but imagine the world

where earthquake

dissolves his foes

with

the most powerful fart!

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

FARTALITY

FLAWLESS VICTORY

1 Like

Obligatory https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpzr-F7WZek (not for the faint of heart (open in a private window))

Samsho has always done gore. The objective is to literally kill your opponent. The time meter says ā€œDIEā€ at the top of the screen

Nakoruru is a baby child and I donā€™t like it!

2 Likes

itā€™s a timestamp

1 Like

I was playing SamSho Sen at college when one time I cut off Rimururuā€™s head and the people around me were horrified.

I think the increasing fidelity of the violence can jump past peopleā€™s limits so I can understand the new SamSho upping the ante upsetting people, just like the recent MKs have.

1 Like

Iā€™m just saying when itā€™s been a decade since the last game and graphics have improved maybe you can take the opportunity to not feature brutal child murder in your video game?

Ah. Iā€™m not arguing for video game violence, nor was I really attempting to contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way, sorry lol

Itā€™s too late, youā€™re now officially pro-killing Nakoruru. You are also probably the one who caused the landslide at the end of the Nakoruru OVA.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot of videos going out now but hereā€™s one from UltraDavid going over how kustomization works. So as far as abilities go, you have three ability slots and large number of moves you can equip to those slots. Most take a single slot but some require 2 or all 3 slots. The ones I saw say ā€œNo Additional Requirementsā€ so there may be some other sacrifices you have to make for some moves. Thereā€™s nothing about stat customization like in Injustice 2 so hopefully these are allowed during tournament play (and hopefully they have a convenient condensed way to do this during character select). But so far it looks like a more free-form version of the variations system from MKX.

2 Likes

Ed Boon mentioned in a game informer interview that what they are currently thinking with the variations is allowing for custom variations online and locally. But for Tournaments, they will have three ā€œRegulationā€ variation setups. Does sound like they were fishing a lot for feedback. EX moves are done with an additional move input instead of tapping block at the moment but even Netherrealm staff are split on it so that is still in flux, even something like three months out from release. Itā€™s kinda crazy.

1 Like

Wait, so, I know they did Jason last time but what if they went the SNK route?

1 Like

Oh actually this is probably when we get Ash huh

Giant Bombā€™s preview was both kinda reassuring but just as worrying, mostly as far as those EX moves go.

Itā€™s wild that something a few months out could get radically changed, but it sounds like having to memorize a whole bunch of bespoke inputs for each move in order to meter burn them is a lot more complicated than it needs to be. Tapping block has worked fine for, what, four games (between MK and Injustice) now?

I guess this is also the first game in a while that doesnā€™t have a combo break mechanic? But I guess the way the moves (and matches as a result) flow is for the better and doesnā€™t need one?

Anyway uhhhh lemme look at this list of WB films here, we should get, uhhā€¦

• Spike the Gremlin
  • Leslie Nielson or the thing in the crate from Creepshow
  • Roy Batty
  • Francis from Pee-Weeā€™s Big Adventure
  • The Fat Boys as The Disorderlies

in MK11.

3 Likes

someone from Game of Thrones seems like an obvious choice for a guest character right? Warner Bros has the rights for it

my guess would be The Mountain because you can just put that helmet on him and not have to make any likenesses, though iā€™d obviously prefer someone like Brienne

2 Likes