Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

does emma myers actually suck or something? everything she’s in that isn’t wednesday appears to be the worst garbage ever

1 Like

If you’re a young nearly-famous actor and you get the call to be in a movie based on one of the most popular IPs on the planet you listen to your agent and you take it. There’s really no other rational option.

But yeah, at a certain point, choosing projects becomes just as much of an actor’s legacy as what they actually do with the roles.

5 Likes

acting is a job

no shame in getting paid

Michael Caine getting a house out of Jaws the Revenge does more for him than being in person to accept an Oscar

6 Likes

The way music is recut for movie trailers fucking sucks. it fucking sucks. It’s going to be like this forever. you can’t just have the song you have to have these fucking drum beats punctuate in-trailer shots and the music has to have orchestral shit added to it. There’s only a slightly recognizable part of the chorus in it. Somewhere some marketing idiot is salivating over the “needle drop moment” in the trailer and have a stack of metrics saying it’ll get the maximum amount of engagement.

12 Likes

The sad down tempo version of every pop song

1 Like

If they just played Magical Mystery Tour in the trailer it’d work better

3 Likes

I think my least favorite recut music for a trailer was some Transformer’s movie which used Biggie Small’s “Juicy”…somehow…

3 Likes

This is all Hans Zimmer 's fault. He does the score for a few Batman movies and everyone’s brain is cooked. Nobody can handle anything spicier than pond scum now.

4 Likes

at least they cast a Black guy as steve [1]

if the minecraft movie is anything like how folks play minecraft, it’ll be xp farms and budded redstone contraptions as far as the eye can see

[1]

for clarity’s sake: this is a pun about the whitewashing of Minecraft Steve, and the casting of Jack Black

3 Likes

I feel like the minecraft movie is a mirror image of whatever the hell Harmony Korine is trying to do to chase the youth market (Aggro Dr1ft sucked but unlike minecraft I actually opted to watch it)

7 Likes

Huh the Minecraft movie is directed by the guy who made Napoleon Dynamite.

2 Likes

not the first time jack black has been, ahem, questionably cast in a film of his either (nacho libre)

5 Likes

I remember when Nacho Libre came out the director was being interviewed at the release red carpet and he seemed really downbeat about the whole thing.

4 Likes

Jack Black going for the bad video game movie trifecta (some say the Mario movie is good but you couldn’t make me watch it, gonna stick with my gut on it)

3 Likes

the Mario movie is Okay but Jack Black is easily the best part of it and the only person having fun with it

2 Likes

I disagree!

Sometimes there is shame in getting paid!

5 Likes

maybe someone on the cast will make an assassination joke forcing jack black to quit in protest

13 Likes

4 Likes

everyone’s money spends the same regardless of how badly I debase myself for them

Is this the perfect trailer?

7 Likes