Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

New Harebrained Schemes.

3 Likes

On Lamplighters I think they gravely overestimated the present day appeal of the Indiana Jones-y pulp adventure pastiche.

In theme, this recalls their more successful Shadowrun games. This teaser doesnā€™t differentiate it from a billion other sci-fi horror games hitting Steam, though, so thatā€™s going to be a challenge for them.

Dunno about the realtime combat since, other than theme, the realtime sections were the weakest element of their last game. Things about the clip suggest theyā€™re probably keeping it slow and tactical, but theyā€™re pretty good at turn-based and I would have expected them to lean on that for their rebound project.

3 Likes

Extremely disappointed that GRAFT is not a CK2 style grand strategy game about running a Tammany Hall type political machine

8 Likes

after outlaws and tactical breach wizards grabbed me I began to realize that this autumn is actually pretty stacked with big releases that may or may not be goodā€¦

likeā€¦ the silent hill 2 and MGS3 remakes are probably not going to be terrible, new life is strange and new not-life is strange could both be legit great, stalker 2 and indiana jonesenstein probably will not be bad, the new flight simulator has a career mode, the new dragon age probably will suck but stillā€¦ thatā€™s a deceptively long list

2 Likes

I think there is a strong likelihood that SH2 remake will be quite bad.

15 Likes

Silent Hill 2 and Metal Gear Solid 3 are on my radar but Iā€™m comfortable sleeping on them for a while. Iā€™ll probably be there for Indiana Jones on day 1 though. The more I see of it the more it looks like a new Riddick game and thatā€™s awesome.

2 Likes

i just found this

2 Likes

Just realized Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom is coming out this month. So thatā€™s another one Iā€™m going to have to hurry up and decide if I want to sleep on or not.

1 Like

Iā€™m very excited for Persona With All The Bad Parts Removed that somehow manages to be their worst game yet.

6 Likes

This is up to 151k likes and the youtube video has 250k views and frankly thatā€™s great.

1 Like

I think I gonna take the bullet and rent it Japanese style (buying it day one, playing it as fast as possible, trading it in.)

4 Likes

its heavy blanket of ambiance is so tempting but i just viscerally dislike the jumping, it feels like for every platform i have to hold the button to the last millisecond to rise high enough

4 Likes

Scuttlebutt is that thereā€™s a new Armored Core 6 patch being tested, and the way itā€™s being tested follows the same pattern previous test cycles did before a patch was pushed live.

Remains to be seen what, if anything, will be in it.

1 Like
12 Likes

5 Likes

this looks bad

7 Likes

Yeesh

2 Likes

oh sweet theyā€™re finally releasing an official hd texture pack

5 Likes

Take a break, Jack. You donā€™t have to keep doing it.

5 Likes

Heā€™s in it for the love of the game, heā€™ll never stop. Momoa on the other hand, heā€™s watering down his brand imho

1 Like