Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

Seeing the phrase IMMERSION TRAILER sent a full body shiver down my spine so I guess it worked.

7 Likes

out now!

15 Likes

have really liked the style of this and been anticipating it for awhile but wasnā€™t very into the demo - felt like there was a big lack of direction in the level design. maybe they improved things with the final release though. some of the areas in the trailer definitely look more distinct/different from what i played.

this article with more info about what happened with Annapurna just dropped:

5 Likes

The whole situation is a baffler.

who talks like this?

windows only :sob:

looks really dynamic and fun tho, the obsessive adherence to saturn visual fidelity is very satisfying (especially the dither-for-transparency)

guess i need a steam deck now

wow, thatā€™s so crazy that happened! so weird! am i right? anyway erm yeah wow guys, so that just happenedā€¦ so i guess time for you to apply to our company now, lmao?

2 Likes

How many of these bigger smaller publishers have shut down in the past couple of years? Humble Publishing, Adult Swim Games, now Annapurna. Am I forgetting anyone?

isnā€™t the whole point of having a rich dad that you can just fund these whims in perpetuity? skill issue

11 Likes

Soundtrack by The Holophonics!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been looking forward to Lornā€™s Lure for years now but the most recent demo has very distracting screen tearing on my PC and based on the gameā€™s Steam forums it is still an issue in the full game so Iā€™m gonna wait for a bit to see if the dev can sort it out in a patch or two.

Tiny little news interesting to only me:

So Japanese Releases are on Thursday (except for historically Dragon Quest and Monster Hunter). And yet Silent Hill 2 is coming out 10/8 (The day PSN updates worldwide, tuesday) and Sonic Generations is out on the 5th, a Saturday (???)

2 Likes

methinks itā€™s probably got to do with some Japanese companies doing things the ā€œtraditionalā€ way are starting to sync everything to a more ā€œworldwideā€ standard. like apparently sony reversed the O and X in menus in the ps5 in Japan as well? iā€™ve seen that around and i donā€™t know if itā€™s true or just a rumor, but if true itā€™s probably something along those lines as well, just have one standard for everywhere instead of regional differences.

just out of curiosity, is the reason MH release dates arenā€™t on thursdays the same reason why DQ releases arenā€™t on thursdays?

1 Like

I think Sony releases games on Fridays many times now too, for their bigger games in the west. The X/O reversal is real and coincided with the PS leadership changing to PS Europe. Now that PS CEOs are split between Europe for software and Japan for hardware, I wonder if theyā€™ll fight and tear the company apart over reverting the change for Japan.

1 Like

Donā€™t know about the modern ones but the PSP and 3DS releases were absolutely because everyone would skip school/work.

1 Like