Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

The usb-c cable shaped like a PS1 connector is cute even if it isn’t practical. I kind of want it? And it’s amazing how just making the PlayStation logo colorful again adds personality to the giant monolith of a console.

9 Likes

I kinda hate this is limited edition and not a standard option.

5 Likes

some kinda IGN indie showcase thing starting in a bit

the bit at 0:20 is tommy wiseau-acting levels of awkward. the whole thing is awkward af really

i don’t have a ps5 but would be cool to get this one. nothing really mindblowing though. it’s pretty much just ps1 grey ps5s with a couple bells and whistles.

1 Like
5 Likes

insane to me that you wouldn’t just have it look like this standard

19 Likes

The logo really does improve it.

1 Like

i hate that almost all companies have just decided (following apple’s example again probably) to just ditch color from all their logos. the ps logo works so much better as originally colored than in its featureless white incarnation, not just in terms of style but readability and intent. completely spurious and unresearched claim here but i’m willing to bet most normal people who just know the current version without the colors don’t even know the logo is supposed to spell PS.

4 Likes

am i the odd one out in never realizing until now its supposed to do that? i mean even in color i thought the logo was just a random shape

it might be more obvious if you spend way too long thinking about and looking at logo design. it also probably doesn’t help that on most consoles apart from the original ps1 the logo is microscopic. looking at the rejected logo variants makes it pretty clear too:

12 Likes

Very dreamcast/arcade racer-core. Also similar to Persona 5’s logo I think.

5 Likes

i utterly love all of these really even the jankier ones, i don’t know in which order they were made, i know Manabu Sakamoto is responsible who was doing logo designs at sony for a while (he also made the vaio logotype), but it feels like there’s this sort of progression to the final one that’s very satisfying. the falling CDs one (top row left) i wish had been reused on something else tbh

7 Likes

I think it’s very funny how many of them are in Belgium colours. Would have been so good

1 Like

6 Likes

I literally just finished Infinite Wealth, let me rest…

9 Likes

My eyes roll eternal at this premise but then I spy a jump cancel follow up to a launching attack suggesting this is a spectacle fighter/musou hybrid (can see it at 6:15). Theses 2 seconds spike my interest far more than wacky pirate shenanigans.

5 Likes

Samoa Joe…

4 Likes

Are they going to do Ninja Yakuza in 2026?

5 Likes

Didn’t realise this was console exclusive for a bit. Still coming to PC

2 Likes

11 Likes