Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

that sounds like electron. i wonder how much of a pain in the ass it would be to set something like that up

1 Like

What was that one game collection put together by the creator of a big indie hit like a decade ago that was a single executable with a different game every day for a year something? How did that work? Were they all embedded in the executable or was it downloading new games daily?

Edit: I guess by a decade ago I meant 5 years ago. Meditations, curated by Rami Ismail.

3 Likes

oh yeah, i have 25 games in the last pirate kart lol

goddamn, that was 12 years ago

4 Likes

It’s actually not terribly hard to do something like this with node webkit, electron, tauri or another frontend bundler. I know too much about it these days because it turns out RPGMaker MV just spits out a browser game and it’s up to me specifically to figure out how to make it run normal on desktops

9 Likes

i still had the shirts until like a year or so ago when they started to finally wear out

11 Likes

so many great games in that collection

2 Likes

damn i should probably throw my old pirate kart games up on itch for posterity

https://www.glorioustrainwrecks.com/games/*/Topher

13 Likes

Do we know for a fact that Silksong isnt part of UFO 50? (Ditto frog fractions 4)

6 Likes

Hornet and Hop’s Big Golf Vacation

2 Likes

i mean ufo 50 does literally contain a golf metrovania

5 Likes

The closest regular thing I know of that is like this is Indiepocalypse, don’t think it has any sort of front end though.

2 Likes

I think “compilations curated with intentionality” is an idea that deserves to stick.

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamingLeaksAndRumours/comments/1fjp352/photos_of_switch_2_factory_prototypes_have_leaked/

Switch 2 prototype leaked. It’s a bigger Switch

5 Likes

Update the graphic

13 Likes

If they gave the XBox Series consoles a handle I would’ve bought one

5 Likes

12 Likes

That would not be out of place in TNG.

3 Likes

wow great, we’ve entered the black rectangle era of nintendo game consoles

1 Like

Frothing intensifies