Mighty News Thread Number 9: No Silksong in Mudville

they should at least like go all in on the pro thing and give you one of their fancy controllers too, then you can be a Real Gamer

4 Likes

that was Concord, not Several. You could be forgiven for forgetting that already tho, since it was just 14(?) days on the market :melting_face:

5 Likes

Ugh why is it still shaped so badly!

That’s the only thing that would make me consider the upgrade.

6 Likes

also also, that’s 699$ for naked PS5, plus (x?) for the vertical stand, plus (y??) for the external disc drive… could that be closer to 900 than 800, one could wonder :kissing:

3 Likes

im going to go feral if they announce The Last Of Us Part One: Fully Dicked Out Edition for the PS5 Pro. totally remade to support Ray Tracing

8 Likes

wait for the Prequel they sneak under the radar:

The First of Us

:smirk:

up next (2025 to 2029) then:

Crash Bandicoat in Retirement Home HD Ultra
Minna no Soloplayer Pro Golf
The Lastest of Last Guardians HD Remake
Kingdom Hearts III.5/5(Pro): You can(not) play w/o VR2 Limited Preorder McScrooge Edition
Fantavision Pro (Every Raytracing Remake Extreme)

and MS will counter that with …

:tarothink:

1 Like

The Last Of The First of The Last Of Us

4 Likes

what if you could play as Them instead of Us?

6 Likes

Suddenly I don’t feel bad having just bought a regular one, ha. Thnx Sony.

8 Likes

sisters of mercy present The First and Last and Always of Us

6 Likes

as a PS5 owner this is annoying to me, but it sure does feel like this is the Sony 32x

4 Likes

Actually I think this is Sony’s Dreamcast (read: last gasp of producing hardware before they just decide to go software only), but it won’t be as fondly remembered

2 Likes

they day after its 25th birthday, no less…

3 Likes

they are in a way worse position to try to stop than Microsoft though (for example, their storefronts etc. do not belong anywhere else), they are really cornered, they can’t try to maintain this fictional version of high end that’s way below a $$$ PC and way above most people’s expectation for a console

would have been smarter to just try to ship the DLSS features in the same performance envelope with a shrink and make that the Slim to try to hold the same price point (non-US and non-EU markets are taking even more of a beating than we are)

3 Likes

like they’re even fucking up the “well if you really want to buy UHD discs there are worse ways into the ecosystem” angle here

a PS5 Slim with DLSS for $500 would’ve actually looked compelling against the Series S and Series X, the dingdongs

1 Like

they lost the mandate of heaven when they abandoned the circle button in japan imho

25 Likes

i have not talked about this publicly, but imagine how i felt when i set up my weak-yen-purchased used import ps5 and went to launch Rebirth, and, to my white surprise – i cannot even speak of it…

11 Likes

I’m telling ya, the PlayStation division of Sony is going to get axed/spun off and acquired by the end of the decade.

1 Like

MS and Sony are both massive corporations that do many other things and it is not a given that either will see the value in a games division in perpetuity, especially if the way forward they’re choosing is all-in on the highest risk+reward titles.

2 Likes