melee island (fighting game club)

promoting tekken is their way of saying it won’t happen

3 Likes

One thing people noticed in the last few weeks is that the producer of VF5US changed his Twitter bio to indicate he’s working on a new title, and combined with the knowledge that VF5US was a test for interest in a new VF and that it exceeded expectations, it’s very possible they have started work on VF6

2 Likes

Testament has some BUTTONS. Now this is how you give a Guilty Gear character presentation and integrate it with their mechanics. The way some attacks leave a familiar on the field and then you send a a crow to meet them and they hug and make lovey hearts. Grade A character flavor as part of the kit. This is what I wish Goldlewis had more of going on with UMA and Gio with her wolf.

3 Likes

Another thing maybe worth noting is that Sega organized this year’s Fighting Game Dev Roundtable. It’s also possible they’re going to ramp up support for VF5US (like with this Tekken collab, which looks wild and indistinguishable from Tekken at first glance). But it would be nice if they could make a VF6 from scratch and hopefully not tied to the Dragon Engine, so they could at least have the possibility of adding rollback in there (just building off whatever they’ve already done for VF5US would be more likely though since it would cost less).

I’m not in the camp that thinks rollback is impossible to retrofit into Dragon Engine or what they’ve done for Ultimate Showdown, but obviously it’s hard to say without knowing the specifics of the engine. That said, I hope Harada yelling about how bad rollback is for 3D fighters every time they do one of these doesn’t end up convincing them.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t think it’s impossible, I just don’t think Sega would be willing to invest the money to re-haul the engine to be rollback compatible when it’s primary usage is for, and will continue to be for, RPGs. This all assumes Sega is actually investing good time and money into a VF6 anyway. VF5US was developed in under a year to get it out while there was still internal company momentum in spending money on events for Sega’s anniversary last year. Even if VF5US did well, that might just mean VF6 would be greenlit for a similarly small budget.

I would be cynical enough to say that VF6 would be an arcade exclusive, but sega sold all their arcades so I dunno. point is if they somehow make one, it’s going to be hyper focused on the japanese market, where no one gives a fuck about rollback because the internet is only for phones in japan and everyone lives three blocks away anyway

fuck you SEGA, square made at least 25 final fantasy games. get to it.

4 Likes

They should just start putting virtua fighter characters with their full movesets in smash

1 Like

GGXXAC+R open lobby steam://joinlobby/348550/109775240971560776/76561198073826350

edit ggs thank you @geist good stuff strong pot yeah

2 Likes

Weirdly Elden Ring got me hankering for fighting games again (probably the duel-style bossfights reminding me it’s fun to 1v1) so I’m back in Strive again for the first time in half a year… Baiken’s really fun!

After a few hours of playing DNF Duel beta 2, once again I can confirm Inquisitor’s Big Wheel is The Best

2 Likes

it’s got nothing on the wall of god

wall of god is just a smaller, holier arena for The Big Wheel

Two new Melty Bloods coming for free April 14

2 Likes

ok mario looks like an actual character that i would want to play but not enough to reinstall

8 Likes

Umbrella is out!!

Plz enjoy

14 Likes

The prophecy fulfilled…

5 Likes

Only took like 9 years for the prophecy to be completed!!

4 Likes