Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

From a friend: starts out puzzle-y gets more tactics-y as the game opens up.

You can be a traffic wizard:

14 Likes

cmon babe you love giving yourself stressful logistic challenges and finagling passports and visas and whatnot

7 Likes

i waws in the early access version or whatever for having gunpoint a while ago (maybe a year?) and based on the bit i played and then set down forever, not particularly but it is well done & charming enough.

1 Like

It does the thing where you can see exactly how the enemies will react for free before you commit to your turn, rather than having any xcom style rng, so yeah more of a puzzle style, like Into the Breach say (maybe a deliberate reference with the name).

2 Likes

Tactics games have gotta be the most “filling” games imo. I like them a lot, but they take forever for me to get through because they take so much concentration that I can only do like a few rounds before I need to take a break. The last tactics game I played, Desperados 3, took me like an entire month because the missions were so long. Uh. Yeah TBW looks good!

2 Likes

seems fun

11 Likes

going really hard into the split timeline but leaving the player up to keep both versions of events straight at the risk of appearing suspicious or delusional could be really thrilling to fuck up. max caulfield is not a good liar

previews for double exposure and lost records are both out this week

the puzzles in double exposure are already much more elaborate than any life is strange since the rewind mechanic just by applying zelda design to an adventure game

the branching/reactivity in lost records seems potentially very deep in a way that’s not always clearly conveyed to the player. my guess is that they have a bunch of flags based on your attention/actions/conversional choices influencing the three NPC friends and it won’t be easy to game them (because it isn’t in life is strange 2). it also has lovingly-rendered 3D clutter like gone home

these games are obviously positioned opposite each other i’m thrilled to have two of them in a six month span

16 Likes

yes both the writing and the game are legit fun! finally

5 Likes

honestly delighted that something like this got made after into the breach which was critically acclaimed along very similar lines but imo not really fun at all and had no real writing like this

1 Like

a truly wild story

20 Likes

Craven indeed

2 Likes

Whatttttt the hell

This is such a long con, was it even worth it for the people running it? I can’t imagine

1 Like

This is a read alright. Hoping it doesn’t blowback on accessibility and the community generally.

1 Like

it probably will help create blowback, at least based on what happened with a lot of “queer games” stuff. i think there are a lot of deeper issues in conversations and organizations both around accessibility and like helping marginalized people that end up becoming fault lines down the road. in queer games the outside hostility that stuff experienced was ultimately dwarfed by all the internal problems. a lot of people just burn out and give up because they feel like it’s not worth it anymore. also it’s always a fine line between “advocate” and select people making money/building a brand off a community. just look at what happened with BLM (the organization)

2 Likes

that mixer on the foot leading to a double amputation…

ALSO NO ONE CALLED OUT THIS GUY FOR HAVING A DEAF WOMAN WHO’S DYING FETISH? I’m guessing most people blocked em outright because it was annoying but they didn’t wanna get cancelled

11 Likes

https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/baby-boomer-2-35-years-too-soon-8956b5

3 Likes

Indie World followed immediately by an Nintendo Direct Partner Showcase

DON’T GET IT WRONG

This is NOT a Nintendo Direct featuring indie games, they are two ENTIRELY SEPARATE events that happen to air back to back in the same stream. Please understand.

4 Likes

Tetris 40th Anniversary collection from Digital Eclipse

3 Likes

TETRIS BATTLE GAIDEN PORT?!?!

1 Like

HATRIS :zztpog: :zztpog: :zztpog:

1 Like