Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

(for the record, I don’t actually think they’re racist and the writers of the aforementioned white people understand that they’re actually comically racist, but they could be doing so much better in terms of skin tones and body types and also maybe playable male characters)

well,

less than a day to go now, sth i have been thinking about a lot the last few days :genki:

6 Likes

The Xbox Gamescom conference won’t have anything interesting in it

Yo

YOOOOO

11 Likes

The First Look Gameplay trailer offers a look into the gameplay of Lost Records: Bloom & Rage , including the navigation between the dual timelines of 1995 and 2022, using Swann’s camcorder to film her summer, and of course making dialogue choices in the game. We see the dynamic dialogue system, which promises another level of immersion: it can change based on where you look and what you say, and players can choose to ignore and interrupt other characters, which makes conversations feel more real and choices more important than ever.

1. psyched that i was right about going back and forth. we are not quarantining the past

2. psyched that they copied and built on oxenfree’s dialogue system, adding player attention flags. this was definitely not evident from the trailer but ok!

i’m trying to think of a reactive timeline jumping adventure game and kind of coming up short but the applications for rashomoning or playing with fallibility of memory are right there

7 Likes

Hell yes I am ready for next generation wii nunchucks

10 Likes

I tried playing 2 and looking up and down are the wrong way round now and I can’t re-wire my brain anymore or work out how to change the controls. Die Timesplitters

3 Likes

I’m 24 hours late, but you keep yourself and that damned U of yours away from my Armored Core.

I will concede, though, I think a romance spinoff of AC6 called “Amor Core” with a more foregrounded love pentagon than the game has between 621, Ayre, Walter, Iguazu, and Nineb-er-Allmind, would be a bit more enticing.

Probably too convoluted for… however long the one-shot episode/short/whatever-the-fuck it is runs, tho.

3 Likes

how about U stop me

4 Likes

I will definitely do so.

Right after I figure out how.

…and that’s gonna be after I finishing mopping the house, 'cause it’s needed it for awhile now.

11 Likes

RETURN OF THE KING

2 Likes

This was a Fine-out-of-Ten kinda game, it may make for a marginally better movie. Feels weird that such a small time game is getting adapted

1 Like

is this before or after he ruins Zelda

1 Like

Always remember, they could have asked Michael Bay first.

tbh though, i would rather have a Bay’ Zelda Movie than another Mario Movie++.
Or even better, a Metroid Movie, with all the Bayhem :heart_eyes:

Before anyone asks, no, I am not his Bay’ness. Just a pundit who’d love to see him do a Blade reboot :smirk:

… yeah… that’d be BAYBLADE then.
I regret nothing

4 Likes

isometric monasteries are tragically #shrugpunk

6 Likes

this is reminding me of how good elsinore was

1 Like

it’s the blasphemous guys, i am obliged to play this

3 Likes
5 Likes

anyone wanna tell me if this is doing anything genuinely new and interesting

2 Likes