Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

22 Likes

Amazing game review cohost! - "The 16th Wolf RPG Editor Contest (第16回ウディコン): 魔王復活物語 (#23)"

6 Likes

so today’s the EDF6 launch day, right?

… right?

6 Likes

oh hell yeah they’re bringing back soul reaver!!!

i’m the one person who cares about this!!!

14 Likes
7 Likes

One of the greatest of all time video game openings. I loved this game as a kid and always got lost eventually every time I played. I’ve never beat, but I’ve listened to sound clips from the entire game on my gameshark and I had no idea what the heck was going on later in that game.

3 Likes

it’s a perfect opening. we had a thread for best video game openings somewhere, it was the first one I thought of.

quite excited for these remasters if they are real! never played soul reaver 2, either.

1 Like

i still sometimes think of what a useful power being able to phase through gates and fences would be, thanks to soul reaver

2 Likes

Soul Reaver, Half-Life 2 Ravenholm, and Halo 1 are proof that improvised weaponry is the ideal combat style of videogames, and yet game developers persist in making us roll gacha for iconic weapons.

Now I’m imagining a Yakuza mod where Kiryu’s martial arts deal 0.25x damage and items picked up off the street deal 5x.

12 Likes

The EDF folks apparently did the thing where they neglected to mention having to sign up for a whole different service to seemingly even play the game and the PC version is being review bombed to hell and back due to it so… good times?

6 Likes

aaahhhhhh wellllllll, not like any other game did try the same thing, like, say, a helldivers2 or something like that :kissing_smiling_eyes:

seems also Impossible to get a physical disc release over here in yurop, so much for that

1 Like

Really into this figure–caption combo in the Wikipedia article for Soul Reaver

9 Likes

I hope they all make twice as much money and also that this convinces developers to use a lot less VA

5 Likes

They’ll just start using AI generated voices probably

2 Likes

You date household objects and there’s a pokedex for em.

8 Likes

lemme guess, prozd is gonna voice the fridge, right?

2 Likes

finally, I can fulfill my dreams of having a domestic spat while lusting after a toaster

oh, they’re anthropomorphized :frowning:

3 Likes

Really amazing timing that this is getting it’s announcement shortly after the couchfucking headlines

13 Likes

speaking of which, I’m actually pretty excited about the remaining releases this year… we’ve got:

• crush house
  • ufo 50
  • flight simulator 2024
  • romsaga 2 remake
  • outlaws (if it’s any good)
  • wukong (likewise)
  • ff7 rebirth PC (maybe)
  • qud 1.0 (maybe)

pretty decent year imo

2 Likes