Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

the only voice acting you need in pokemon games is the pokemons actual sounds. all pokemons crys should be weirdo mouth sounds ( i just really like impersonating the gameboy pokemon calls)

4 Likes

theres a really good anecdote about ishikawa yelling at soken to time the music better to when a character says a line so its more impactful and then she found out she was nagging about this while he had cancer in the hospital and was like IF I KNEW I WOULDNT HAVE CARED!!!

5 Likes

former ea devs are making an nba street successor

5 Likes

the most voice acting a game should have is either special move names, or the thing 00s rpgs did where the characters just say like one word or do a little laugh or something every time you skip a text box

4 Likes

yeah in neopets the darkest faerie everyone just makes a moody grunt when you first start talking to them so you know the tone of what they’re saying and i like that a lot

4 Likes

Cutscenes own.

6 Likes

there are two wolves inside of me

one doesn’t care about VO

the other will burn money gambling on characters based on their voice actor

they are forever entwined with a vice grip on each other’s necks

4 Likes

Untitled-1 copy

5 Likes

voice acting can be so good you forget a game barely has animation. it’s spiky

4 Likes

voice acting is cool actually but like every “obligatory” thing the way you see it in several expensive games is tiring

6 Likes

You beat me to it!

1 Like

I like when NPCs are talking and I’m just jumping up and down constantly to give myself something to do while important story stuff is going down.

6 Likes

Valky Profile perfected this, you get goofy grunts in the battles with memorable one liners where pronounciation is all over the place thanks to its DRAMA recordings, e.g.

Dreaded Dragon!

You Freaks Have No Reason To Exist

Open the Gates to Nifelhaaaaim

and you could trigger through the boring story bits for more battttleeeee

4 Likes

Reload!

Oh no!

Great! Perfect!!

3 Likes

https://4gamer.net/games/634/G063466/20240716042/

3 Likes

More and more confused what this game is.

1 Like
4 Likes

phone action game

6 Likes

The sequel to this

9 Likes

Every 2006 sb registrant should be getting a stipend from legacy media corporations

17 Likes