Like a News Thread 8: Infinite Welp

Where the hell are you all seeing the Haunted Castle thing I’m not finding anything

1:26

2 Likes

My guess is Silksong got Barkley 2’d

1 Like

“Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics” Steam release date is Sept 11.

3 Likes

I recall being Igavania’d out after Dawn of Sorrow and never even looking at the other two DS games, are they decent or is there a reason they stopped making them at this point?

I just posted this in another thread but imo ecclesia is really the only genuinely good post symphony one

2 Likes
3 Likes

Agreed, Ecclesia is in the top tier Igavanias, next to Symphony, Aria, and Bloodstained (everyone, go play Bloodstained!!)

1 Like

they’re both worse

1 Like

portrait of ruin is cool because it’s a game about things like throwing 1000 pies at skeletons until you gain the ability to throw a bigger pie, and using incredibly weak weapons on a particular enemy in a tucked away corner of the map in order to learn a new magic spell.

12 Likes

segmented levels was a mistake

Dawn is interesting because of how it iterates on Aria’s systems in ways that would seem like objective improvements, but the aesthetics and concept are so dogwater that it drags the whole thing down.

3 Likes

any word on silksong?

no but after the last direct i got curious and looked at the silksong subreddit & they appeared to have gone totally feral, making fake official kickstarter update images & tweets that were like paragraphs of "we apologize for the lack of communication… etc. etc. " so respect to that

3 Likes

Someone accidentally called an exterminator a couple years back and destroyed Pharloom, forcing Team Cherry to find a completely different setting.

3 Likes

in human-land, we call it ‘getting swatted.’ in hollow knight-land, they call it ‘getting orkined’

2 Likes

7-hour video to be posted to youtube in 2027: is ‘silksong’ the ‘firefly’ of the 2020s?

the reason they stopped doing them is that konami wanted castlevania to be a triple a series.
but then triple a people didn’t care, castlevania fans hated it, and konami became a pachinko company.

the ds games are good

5 Likes

Portrait Of Ruin is the Demon’s Souls to SOTN’s Dark Souls.

3 Likes

Yeah, I didn’t like that map as much in Portrait but I do recall the bosses being a bit more boss-y and challenging compared to anything else in the sotn lineage.

Like I’ve been saying since IC (back when the prevailing opinion was these were all “monsters on a shelf” garbage) none of these are bad. I think if you dig one of them you’ll find something to like in the rest. I thought of them as crossword puzzles. You got a new one to do at a regular cadence and they all hit the same. It’d be weird to be upset that the newspaper’s crossword puzzle wasn’t radically different in format from day to day.

8 Likes