it's more fun to emulate

I’ve played but never beaten Nier. Now I want to play it again … is it working well enough start-to-finish in RCPS3 for that to be a good choice or should I dig up my 360?

I just tried it the other day. framerate drags too much for me to try to seriously get into it but it all looks and sounds alright. I’m still on a 3770k and 670 so I think it’s just my machine

2 Likes

Vulkan is working in CEMU. Its already doubled AMD’s performance in BoTW with an RX480 and the visual accuracy is pretty close. Still work to be done, but its looking very promising for a few months from now.

damn, wish I held off on playing botw for the vulkan updates.

Man, the next 6 months are gonna be huge for RPCS3. They’ve currently got The Last of Us running at 15fps, with pretty decent graphical output (still some corruption, but waaay better than it was). And Resistance 3 is running at like 19fps, with what looks to be nearly correct output. Just a couple of months ago, both of those games had truble simply booting. MGS5 is coming along, as well.

this is not aimed at you, or anyone in particular

and I get that being able to boot and run this game is a huge achievement in the progress of the emulation

but jesus christ people

if you have a PC that can emulate the PS3 with decent performance, you can already fucking play MGSV on it, RIGHT NOW

GOD FORBID YOU WAIT FOR A SALE OR SOMETHING OR EVEN FUCKING STEAL THAT VERSION

YOU HAVE TO COMPLICATE THE ACT OF PLAYING A MODERN GAME YOU ALREADY HAVE ACCESS TO IN THE MOST ROUNDABOUT FASHION POSSIBLE

anyway, call me when more animals stuck on the Galapagos chain that is a console ecosystem get shipped to the zoo

1 Like

Heheh well I meant to type MGSIV

But, 5 would be pretty cool. The point being is that these really advanced games are becoming playable.

MY ANGRY POINT STANDS

FUCK 5, SHIP 4 OFF TO THE NATIONAL ZOO AND COLLECT ITS SEMEN FOR FUTURE REPOPULATION

2 Likes

Bov I don’t know what this means.

4 Likes

1 Like

that depends

do you mean the part where I’m implying that the furthering of emulation is increasingly less about preservation and more about playing games because of a typo focusing on a game readily available on the PC

or the part where I’m begging emulator authors to focus first on games stranded on their respective platforms or consoles in general with a poorly thought out Galapagos/zoo/semen freezing metaphor

I actually have the latest RPCS3 build kicking around because of the novelty of 4k60 Project Diva but also I went through the incredibly idiotic task of transferring and decrypting my console save so I’m clearly not against something

3 Likes

it’s an emulator for a machine designed to play games you moron, of course it’s about playing games

god

I actually own Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain on PS3! Something about a game like that, being squeezed onto a PS3, was alluring.

I just ran into this recently, how do you decrypt ps3 saves like off gamefaqs for use in rpcs3

https://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/how-to-decrypt-encrypt-your-ps3-saves-with-bruteforce.959492/

run the game once in the emulator to create the system folders, find the one that corresponds with the game you’re moving the save for, copy folder in there, figure out if you actually decrypted the save, realize you fucked up, do it all over again, bam, save works in RPCS3

2 Likes

It’s more fun to emulate

2 Likes

Feel like I’m gonna thread the needle on this thread, the output thread, and the input thread with this:

“Grandpa why is the screen dark, why are you not showing Sonic 2 on this thing,” you ask.

“Because a picture fell off the wall and landed on the box that decodes the fiber signal and I haven’t had internet in days,” I reply.

Anyway it uses a Pi Zero to run it, which should be…fun, I think. Or incredibly frustrating! We’ll see!

7 Likes

Shitload of kinks to work out, and this thing devours batteries, but:

(It went to the attract mode before I could get to the title screen but trust me, that’s Sonic 2, running with weird crackly audio for some reason)

2 Likes

I’ve messed with this GPi Case some more and:

It’s neat.

But! It also has a disappointingly wonky D-Pad. For everything that it gets right, for that to be the one thing it gets wrong is a bummer!

I don’t trust myself to crack this thing open and see if I can secure the pads under it or something like that, but for now I’ll put up with some accidental diagonals.

1 Like
1 Like