introduce yourself

8 Likes

Hi all,

I listened to the podcast way back in the day (10 years ago?) and have rediscovered that Select Button exists. Lurking for a couple of weeks convinced me to jump in. Never posted in any of the forums before but have been looking for a place to discuss why I love Cursed Mountain and bad PS2 games etc. Nice to meet ya!

19 Likes

This seems like a good start. Welcome!

1 Like

Hello, and welcome!

-Jason Love

1 Like

Your post on Nier and Drakengard marks you as a natural sbutt, welcome home

Yo we have a bunch of other podcasts now including one called No Rangers Allowed that fuckin rules (the fact that I produce said podcast has nothing to do with my opinion)

1 Like

Thanks for the kind welcomes!

Sounds good, I’ll have to check them out. Is there a place where podcast stuff gets collected/archived or is it a mix of personal projects and select-button specific stuff?

It’s a loose collection of podcasts with some of the same people involved. The one I run is called the Super Nintendo Exploration Squad (http://www.snes.club), which shares a feed with The Book of Megadrive run by @AutomaticTiger. I bet you can guess what those are about. I’ll let others introduce their own if they want to.

I guess we should, like, make a page on the wiki about these or something, huh?

Don’t all the forum threads have the Output > Podcast Something Clever tag

1 Like

Actually the NoRA thread wasn’t in the Podcast subtag lol all these years so anyway I just changed it

1 Like

There’s also I think the first SB spinoff podcast, Hinge Problems , which is me and @Rudie talking about stuff.

Just boosting this so new folks could find it because I am too lazy to make a new one!!!

Listen to NoRA and SNEX!!!

1 Like

I know a few people on here so I’ve occasionally seen some sb threads, and it’s been suggested I should actually be on here. took a while to sign up though cause getting started in another social space is kinda taxing. honestly kinda terrified but then people were really cool with a stranger just showing up with opinions on quest of ki so I feel welcome!

another handle of mine is GFX-HO (or GfxHo) which I usually post drawings under, so like, you see that somewhere, that could be me

23 Likes

Your art is really fucking good

5 Likes

Hi, everyone. I’ve been a long time lurker, posted a few times on the old selectbutton. Usually get a bit nervous with forums, but going to give it a go.

I’m from London and I draw comics. Also trying to finish yakuza kiwami 2 before 7 comes out.

17 Likes

Welcome! Always happy to see more people (and Yakuza fans) contributing.

I was looking for a thread like this when I joined a few weeks back but couldn’t find it so thanks for bumping :slight_smile:

As mentioned on my first post I joined cos @yarusenai said I would never join and after feeling personally affronted and not having written squat for a decade I decided fUCK it and got on board. So many thanks to them and also to y’all for reading my posts since then, it’s been fun and I like reading the things people write here, idk what else I should say but consider this an official ‘HEY!’

9 Likes

I used to agonize over even the most trivial forum posts. And my overthinking would make what I actually said even more awkward. I still delete drafts pretty regularly, but I’ve mostly convinced myself not to care as much.

10 Likes

Oh I finally found the intro thread, my name is ty, I teach video game making to college children and adults, and my good friend @ellaguro invited me to this cool forum by linking to choice posts over and over in discord DMs. Nice to meet you all!

27 Likes

hell yeah

Welcome! That rules