INFINITY MOAR [spoilerz!!!]

joss whedon’s whole brand has always been “what if a CW show had an inflated opinion of itself” which either is or isn’t your thing

I’m not going to begrudge every theater kid I know who was born between 1975 and 1990

cabin in the woods was good

3 Likes

I completely forgotten most of Serenity so I can’t remember how well it primed me for the plot, but mostly I remember some main characters dying and I was just “I think I am supposed to care about this”.

I have seen the Civil War movie, and I remember enjoying it quite a bit, but I spent a lot time wondering who that red guy was and who is this Bucky guy and why are they so important etc.

1 Like

you mean matthew broderick or denzel washington?

Pretty sure Matthew Broderick was Ant Man

Pretty sure Alien: Resurrection is the only big budget Hollywood movie in history to feature space pirates, and our man blew it.

Unforgivable.

Imagine all the quippy dialogue they cut.

1 Like

You mean that the story in Serenity… didn’t happen?

I wish Serenity didn’t happen

I saw this today

it was an okay half of a story

I’m glad Thanos got to go chill out at his retirement ranch while Disney twiddles their thumbs for a year

2 Likes

3 Likes

it was maybe a little too frustrating that cumberbatch was the only one able to cast the extremely important “don’t let him make a fist” spell and they beefed it

the internal logic as far as which of his powers are finite and which aren’t was handled well enough otherwise but two too-easy fuck ups on the part of our heroes may have been one too many idk

1 Like

so, having seen this, what is the point of any Marvel movie between now and Captain Marvel unfucking every thing

looking at you, Ant-Man and the Wasp

like I’m all for tragic flaws but “you didn’t make the shot count” twice in half an hour is a bit much

AM&W will be set before IW, and will be all about the quantum realm… which could factor into the unfuckening in A4? anyway I just wanna see what Scott and Clint are up to, and it will probably end with his daughter and Hank disappearing right after they rescue Mrs. Pym from the quantum realm (or something along those lines).

well tbf Tony shot his nanotech wad onto the gauntlet and that worked for a little while. Spidey webbed it too iirc

every fight involving Thanos after the midpoint was dumb besides Strange trying to keep up because he can just control and shape reality and he only does it once to stop Drax and Mantis and those effects just fade away the second he exits

Thanos doesn’t care anymore, he’s enjoying his retirement now

russos say howard the duck survived the snap can’t wait 4

itagxl7xtj5zohtogcfx

3 Likes

Don’t tell me they’re actually calling it the snap

1 Like

the snap is dumb but is also vague enough that it isn’t a spoiler, as opposed to “people turning into dust” or Ryan Reynolds posting a picture of bags of colored dirt and saying they’re Avengers action figures

What’s wrong with the snap? Weird thing to complain about

as a thing that happens? nothing, even though people say he could do that, him actually doing it is like “well, fuck, that’s some power”

as a term? it’s dumb.

1 Like

I despise people collectively generating shorthand for a thing and feel those responsible should all be subjected to the American penal system for their crimes against humanity, language

1 Like