INFINITY MOAR [spoilerz!!!]

talk about the movie here free from the burden of spoiler tags, if anyone happened to see it opening night like a NERD like me

it was p f’n great—just balls to the wall the most well-realized live action comic book action throughout. the pacing was perfect, I was amazed they were able to juggle all these characters and make it all work. and funny as all heck. though also somewhat despair inducing knowing that they basically LIED and said it would be a complete story, which it sort of is, but obviously they’re coming back in a year to undo everything they just did, or redo it differently, and I have to wait another year for a real conclusion—plus the two intervening movies. which sort of takes the balls off all the ‘consequences’ of the final moments, but it was well-done enough in the moment that I’m fine with it. and on thinking, it’s actually interesting in that it’s more concerning for everyone who does NOT die at the end because some of them WILL have to die for real for the winning scenario to occur, and we don’t really know who that will be. so it’s kinda cool that way.

nerd notes:

• RED SKULL!!!
  • Blue Man Tobias Fünke in the Collector’s Collection is enough for me to go see it again just to see that in real-time
  • sad petulant Hulk refusing to fight after getting owned hard by Thanos is pretty great, but also sad knowing what Hulk just went through in Ragnarok—I don’t begrudge the big green guy for just being fucking sick of fighting at this point.
  • the final stinger with Fury was a perfect conclusion given that it was Fury who showed up in the very first post-credit scene in IM to start the Avengers.

anyway yeah, god I’m so sorry for all this superhero-comicbook nonsense

3 Likes

I liked the space dwarf

incredible space mold that produced two totally clean and sprue-free castings!

7 Likes

kinda confused about why it was in two (2) pieces tho really weird construction and weak compared 2 more conventional build luv 2 b a fly on the wall for that meeting

3 Likes

my question is will the Groot-handle be sufficient to wield Barnjorn forever or was that just a temporary stop-gap measure? either way that was sickkk

1 Like

13 Likes

At the very end of the post-credits scene I didn’t know if I should recognize the logo that popped up on the beeper or not, and that made me feel like a failure.

3 Likes

it’s a reference to a movie that doesn’t come out for a year so

by which I mean you should defo know all about it or ur a fake geek girl!!!

2 Likes

pretty disappointed that he wasn’t paging Blade tbh

3 Likes

all I know is Phil Coulson is gonna be in 1990s Captain Marvel and I am gonna see it

1 Like

I liked it

Comic book movies have finally reached the stage where they can have absurd universe altering non-ending “events” that are totally undone within a year

But seriously: Red skull returning made me so happy

I was so pissed they didn’t cut to him cackling maniacally after gamora gets tossed in the pit

I enjoyed it well enough.

It was really funny to see how many people in the showing I went to didnt seem to get how cheap comic book death is. lots of “I can’t believe they killed X” and such.

Did anyone else feel like basically everything before iron man and co. leave the planet was super awkwardly framed? Like just a bunch of talking heads at weird positions on the screen expositioning at one another. I was really afraid the whole movie would be like that, but eventually it transitioned to CGI lumps flying at each other and I was relieved

Thor remains the best MCU character though. Glad they are letting him keep his sense of humor. Also totally makes sense for him to not even know what a raccoon is

1 Like

BUT REALLY WHERE IS BLADE

5 Likes

This was a bunch of CGI nonsense.
It had a couple of neat CGI-nonsense bits though.

Has Thanos always been a webcomic strawman centrist in the comics too?
No wonder nerds love this

am i being too reactionary if i declare that i am officially over other people being over comic books movies

it’s not even that i disagree necessarily, i wish there was more variety in big budget genre pictures too

i just find it kind of tiring to have to listen to people constantly declare how they are better than this because it makes me feel like shit for liking it, even though uh obviously a significant percentage of the earth’s population is also shit i guess

anyway not really appropriate for this thread but i figured it was a ‘safe space’ for being a dork and i just wanted to vent

2 Likes

well i mean

I just got back from seeing this. I liked it.

I didn’t understand who Nick Fury was paging either on that weird ass pager but I’ve been looking at the link to this polygon article for the past three days so now I can finally click it.

Captain Marvel. That’s who he was paging.

2 Likes

The implications of the Marvel page are interesting.The question is where, or WHEN, is Captain Marvel? Wouldn’t she be just as likely to be dead if she were in the current timeline? The film takes place in the 90s so there’s some speculation that time travel will be involved. Unless someone knows better here. Nick Fury sending a desperate Hail Mary into the past because he is the only one with the knowledge to do so makes me think Fury is the best character in the whole damn show.

2 Likes

Yeah, steam punk pager was weird. Maybe he was paging through time.