INFINITY MOAR [spoilerz!!!]

Fair

Pager reminded me of the kooky Tesla-esque advanced analog tech they use in Legion

If he can page through time he can page Snipes at any level of fitness pre or post prison #makemineblade

8 Likes

sucks coulson is going to be in captain marvel imo because it fucks with the one true canon that he was recruited for SHIELD some time after his original appearance in david mamet’s Spartan

Some popular iconic characters were gonna be dusted but Black Panther and Spidey are interesting choices, as they both originated in Civil War before their own, and I think just those two appearances, until now.

Course the big bad snap will be almost entirely undone in the follow up, but we’ll see where MCU’s bosses settle on any permanent losses.

I really liked it, it defied the expectations I had… ones based on a lie! Someone told me that they had decided to not split it into two movies so I was waiting the whole time for Adam Warlock to show up or whatever but BOOM cut to black. For a split second I was thinking oh shit they actually did it! The moment was ruined when I though oh lol they have about 97 more movies announced, but I appreciated that feeling of genuine surprise

The drama now becomes ‘who of the original 6 Avengers still alive will have to sacrifice themselves or die generally in order to undo the mad snap’. I suspect Cap will be the one to go, with a possible near-fatal injury to Stark.

1 Like

No way they weren’t gonna split this into two.

I thought everybody knew this but apparently I was wrong. Maybe that’s why the whole movie felt 100% predictable to me?

Actually was pretty emotionally vested most of the time outside of the idiocy of we can’t let Vision die. Like he was for it and the result vastly outweighed the cost. Good lord.

Thanos was a pretty good villian too.

As I get minutes further from the ending it is making me more mad because the movie wasn’t over. We just had the climax. Same sort of thing with last jedi. There is clearly absolutely more story. Half the universe’s…advanced beings? Are gone. What is the result of that. You don’t get to make something like that and then go alright see you in year lol!

Rocket is the only Guardian left ;_;

Oh wait Guardian movie in two years guess we will fix that up.

Maybe now I can reference the rubberman and people will know what the fuck I am talking about.

I really wish they’d have not killed BP and Spidey, bc then I could have at least PRETENDED to believe the deaths were permanent.

A way better movie would have been if, more of the OG avengers died, and this was the end of the story and it doesn’t get undone later, and thanos just wins and Everyone Learned A Valuable Lesson.

I literally said, minutes before the show started, “Iron Man had better fucking die in this one” :-\

I really liked it though. I haven’t seen a movie with this huge of an adventurous spirit, beautiful images, and sheer number of “FUCK YEAH” moments since The Return of the King.

They really shouldn’t have even tried to use this character, right? He didn’t work in Ultron, didn’t work in Infinity War, and doesn’t work here. Granted my only experience of him is from the Captain America arcade game but it seems like someone should have realized earlier on that he constantly writes himself into a corner

2 Likes

This is funny to me, BC my wife compared it to the same movie but as a negative

I liked it though

Yeah, movie Vision just never seems to work for me. The key part that makes him work in other stories is how he was made to do one thing but found his own logic to work against it. Without that MCU Vision just feels like he’s just there.

well, not anymore…

1 Like

i always like it when a movie gives us such a nice good happy ending :,)

1 Like

can we start speculating on Avengers 4 titles now

AVENGERS: The Quest for Wanda’s Accent
AVENGERS: The Long Narrow Road to Deep Space
AVENGERS: Captain vs. Captain
AVENGERS: Return of the Red Skull (PLEASE MOTHER FUCKERS)

1 Like

Avengers 4evar

1 Like

http://www.didthanoskill.me

2 Likes

I have not seen this because I only watch like two movies a year these days, but I did read through the Metafilter FanFare thread on the subject during a slow bit at work. The theory I liked the best was that the people disintegrating were not simply dying—the universe was instead bifurcating. Reality A and Reality B. Our survivors are stuck in Reality A, and as it happens, this is the reality that is doomed. All the characters with upcoming movies get to have those happen in Reality B where the characters stranded in Reality A cannot participate, because it is ceasing to exist. But if this turns out to be accurate, then I agree that that’s a pretty fucking harsh thing to do to Rocket Raccoon.

6 Likes

I like that, hadn’t heard it before, but I wonder how that would tie into Strange’s future vision of only one scenario where they ‘win’, apparently necessitating the survival of Stark. there would have to be some kind of maybe temporary merging of the dimensions, because no, can’t leave Rocket all alone like that.

I like how Thanos says “you didn’t even use your most powerful weapon” except he totally did, before the fight even began.

1 Like