INFINITY MOAR [spoilerz!!!]

honestly all language users should be banned from planet earth

1 Like

Yeah it’s super dumbo dumb to… use shorthand

Using shorthand is fine. It’s the term that’s dumb.

Let’s agree to call it Thanos Busts Loose

7 Likes

For Thanos busting does not make him feel good.

4 Likes

call it the snack :wink:

3 Likes

surprised there isn’t a webcomic/meme about Thanos doing a Z-snap and accidentally cutting the populace in half 3 times in a row

2 Likes

Still cannot get over how much dude just looks like purple modern Kurt Angle.

Can’t wait for wwe to run with this as a gimmick in like 3 years.

1 Like

i actually like calling it “the snap” tbh. the only aspect of the entire 12+ run of movies that feels like actual dramatic stakes deserves somewhat of a catchy (snappy??) shorthand, but maybe i just like it better than “Marvel’s Red Wedding” which is what all my basic-ass friends have been calling it

well, the entire internet already ruined all the deaths for me because i guess some people can’t fucking help but meme a thing and i can’t help but come across pretty much everyone doing it when i’m just trying to casually browse Twitter, but fuck me, right?

does anyone else feel like there’s a new instilled sense of FOMO-style dread attached to all these things now or is that just me? with this and the new Star Wars, i felt like i had to go see it sooner rather than later because i had this feeling that everyone was going to be talking about it to the point of spoiling it and i’m kind of irritated that i like these movies just enough to not want to get spoiled a little

and if they’re going to make these appointment-level big pop culture events now, they really need to advertise and promote these films in a different way. i get why they changed the title of this thing to just Infinity War instead of Infinity War: Part 1 because knowing that there is a Part 2 (and a Spiderman Homecoming 2 & Black Panther 2) pretty much waters down the melodrama of that ending for anyone that doesn’t think comic book superhero death is meaningless. that’s still a lot of people, there’s a good chance this is the primary way people experience Marvel characters now, right? isn’t that why you’re remaking all this stuff in a somewhat cohesive movie medium? to avoid all the comic baggage?

anyways, look at me, lamenting the loss of an idyllic thematic experience while watching a cinematic bullet point on a billion dollar Franchise Road Map. none of this is original thinking on my part.

still had a good time, though

5 Likes

TOP 5 Favorite moments:

• Peter - “Cause a distraction.”
    Ned - “Hey there’s an alien, we’re all gonna die!”
  • the Drax “invisible” bit and i wish it went on way longer
  • Peter Dinklage’s line reading of “Well…yeah…that’s what death means.” to Thor
  • Cap’s super sincere “I Am Steve Rogers” to Groot
  • Thor. everything involving Thor.
5 Likes

I really, really am interested to see what they do with A4. Not just because I would have been anyway, but because from what they’ve all said, it’s “not going to be what you think” and it’s going to be “a completely different movie from what you’re expecting” and etc. I hope that they go in some really wild direction for ‘Phase IV’ that doesn’t just end with all the stuff in Infinity War being reversed. it’s has to be more interesting than that—I think they’re smart enough to know this.

I dunno if you saw this ronk but in the trailers and teasers for IW they added in scenes that didn’t actually happen in the movie, or altered scenes that did, to sow false anticipation and keep secrecy and surprise in tact (like showing Hulk in the battle of Wakanda and altering the number of stones on the gauntlet for the shot of Cap holding him back). so they are, at least in one particular sense, “advertising and promoting these films in a different way,” which gives me hope.

3 Likes

The fourth one is just two hours of Thanos farming. Milking cows, planting wheat, pickling – all the good stuff.

11 Likes

Thanos steps into his kitchen and turns directly to camera. “I got some friends coming by later and not a lot of time to prepare a delicious meal…”

5 Likes

somebody ‘shop Thanos’ head on Luke’s face while he’s milking that sea cow

Use that new replace face technology to jamie oliver but thanos.

Yeah honestly Serenity actually blew my mind when I saw it in the theater. This may be a factor of what Felix was saying, that Whedonism was something unique and worthwhile 20 years ago, but it’s just everything all the time now. I also think that Whedon himself has qualitatively degraded over time. Shrug was reading us his Wonder Woman script the other day while we were trying to play D&D and it was abysmal self-parody. Such is the fate of all aging sex criminals.

Joss Whedon is “nerddom’s Humbert Humbert.”

1 Like

God damn this tweet, god damn it straight to hell.

After the revolution, the Central Committee shall decree that no mass media may prey on the tender heartstrings of dadstuff. It is unfair and corrupts the body politic.

So I saw this movie and I still think the very best scene of “all the dudes using all their powers in concert in cool ways” is still the first Avengers, with very close competition from Civil War. This was all very scattered.

I dunno about the whole death reversal thing, the googleplex of planned future movies notwithstanding. There’s a hundred ways they could play it, and I think a lot of these people will stay dust. Some of these actors have to want out of their godforsaken contracts, don’t they?

2 Likes

Just imagine how hard it must get for the actors to not just go ‘s’ up Strange, what’s goin’ on?’
’ aaah, Thor, long time no see’ in RL after such a long time.

… granted, not for strange, but the avengers, at least.

1 Like

robert downey jr has basically said “if you see me doing avengers 5 or 6 come find me because it means ive relapsed”

4 Likes