INFINITY MOAR [spoilerz!!!]

Oh sorry I thought that was the one that made you trepidatious about all of these movies

I watched an “EASTER EGGS YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED” YT vid about this movie when I got home from seeing it, and the guy in the video made some joke like, “blacksmiths might have some notes for Dinklage on this one!”

And I was like, “Oh sweet Jesus. Oh god in heaven. Oh thorny, bleeding crown: you have no idea.”

Edit: You know I’m married to shrug, because I see a movie and I think, “Oh geez. I’m gonna get an ear full about this one. It never ends.”

1 Like

Honestly, I think the fact that it wasn’t written by Joss Whedon went a long way.

Joss Whedon, he is…like this imitation of a copy of a copy of what dumb people like in movies. He and JJ Abrams deserve each other (they’re married, right?).

that is… somewhat judgmental

whedon isn’t that bad, he just has a monopoly on the overly cute “you see what I did there?” style of dialogue which seemed like a breath of fresh air 20 years ago and is now a massive cultural juggernaut because that’s how things went

like the superfans are exhausting sure but I don’t actually encounter any people who are like The World’s Biggest Joss Whedon Fans, the last time I met people who self-identified that way was well before the whole avengers thing

1 Like

Avengers 1 is still top 3 MCU movies, easily, I dunno how you can argue this

the first avengers is very entertaining from start to finish & makes good use of its characters and has good action work and so on, yeah

I’d put it, like, second tier, below the genuinely interesting or uniquely great stuff (first season of jessica jones, thor ragnarok, guardians) but on par with all of the otherwise well-executed stuff (the first iron man and captain america for example)

black panther is in a liminal space between these two tiers where the production design and concept are genuinely original and praiseworthy for many reasons but it kind of lets itself down thematically and the direction is a tiny bit sloppy

so I guess I’m saying it’s fifth at best in my very scientific ranking

no

absolutely not

whedon stages all of his action like television comedy even when he’s not doing the “see the point is that I’m undercutting myself with lameness!” thing Avengers 1 is a garbage fire

3 Likes

are there like two competing spiderman franchises now or did the emma stone one wrap up?

Is it gonna be like subway restaurants where you can open your own spiderman franchise

4 Likes

Shit looks like the most expensive episode of the Action Pack ever made.

Except not as good.

1 Like

You might not be that far off

2 Likes

i mean technically 3 between the mcu one, the cartoon movie, and sony’s offshoot series with venom/morbius etc

infinity war 2: infinity warriors they snatch a living peter parker from an alternate universe and it’s andrew garfield

6 Likes

tony stark is immediately mad because spider man’s hair is taller than his

6 Likes

yeah, well, I think guardians is terribly overrated and nowhere near top or even second tier, so

So there’s some Morbius planned, maybe tied into (or part of) the Venom movie? Oy vey another destined to be stunted continuity. Not sure how Sony or anyone else could bet on more success than compromising with DisMarvel, but I don’t even know what’s possible and I’m not eager to keep track of those battles.

These characters have a much lower ceiling, ehh quicker burnout with audiences if they aren’t going to at least acknowledge the main Marvel machine.

It’s hard to imagine anything symbiotes adapting well to live action.

ah man

2 Likes

I just found it boring and pointless, and by the time they were arguing on the airship I was like, “Why am I watching this?”

I think it comes down to the fact that I didn’t care about any of the characters at all. I mean, why should I have? They were bland as hell, and none of them seemed to have arcs other than maybe learning about friendship. You’re gonna tell me that pre-Ragnarok Thor was compelling? And how could he match the fascinating charisma of Hawkeye or Black Widow?

Also, I can’t state strongly enough that I have never liked Joss Whedon. Maybe his dialogue just sounds like generic quip dialogue to y’all, but his has its own unique layer of mugging at the canera, which I find insufferable.

when I saw the Avengers, I had only seen Iron Man 1 and Hulk. I didn’t know shit about the characters. didn’t see any of the Thor movies until well later, had never read a Marvel comic in my life. I found them all extremely well-drawn, casted, and acted. I liked Whedon’s dialogue and humor, still do—though he definitely lost creative steam in Ultron. what are you gonna do.

2 Likes

Serenity starts with a simulation in a dream in another dream in a simulation or something. I will never forgive him

1 Like