Impresarios of Mario Scenarios

Yeah, Nintendo refuses to make features/interfaces that only work for a portion of their audience. When they find a concise and elegant solution to a problem, this works great – it’s even magical. When they can’t, you end up with a really odd looking feature set.

There’s also the Producer-driven development you mentioned. When they get it in their head that it should work a certain way (cough high fidelity multiplayer cough) it doesn’t matter that the technology can’t quite do it, they attempt it anyway because that’s how multiplayer Mario is supposed to play.

2 Likes

i didn’t miss this did i

No I didn’t do it yet, oops

1 Like
1 Like

not being able to grab the koopa kids wands out of the air is profoundly frustrating to my decades old muscle memory

9 Likes

Good thread cataloging some pretty funny troll levels:

8 Likes

This is some Looney Tunes shit

4 Likes

Yeah that one is fantastic!

this one made me laugh

5 Likes

utterly outplayed

is there like a compilation post of all the SB levels? or maker names. need to follow more folks

They’re sprinkled through the thread but should probably be collected on the wiki or something

I had a shared google doc for creators at least, but it might be a little out of date now.

I think anyone can edit, so if you’re not included just add yourself!

6 Likes

yes please play daddy’s tower

2 Likes

I finished the first level for my world as part of the contest. If you want to go ahead and spoil yourself on it, it’s playable from my profile

3 Likes

I finished my first level yesterday but i’m holding off on uploading it. I feel like the second half was kinda rushed but I’ll let y’all judge, i was just getting sick of this level

Now…to come up with a concept…for lvl2

I played with the world editor to get a sense of what I can do with it. These questions are purely academic, but do the courses in it count against the limit on the total number of courses you upload? Are you required to have uploaded the courses already before they are included in a world you upload, and if not, do you have to play through them all before upload is possible?

I have a general sense for how my world is going to work, but finding time to execute on it will be a challenge.

Yep

They need to be uploaded separately, or you’ll get a message saying “some of these courses have not been uploaded yet”. I’m not sure about how uploading the world works - I think you have to “play through” it inasmuch as you mark the levels as complete one by one until you get to the castle. I think this is true, I have not actually uploaded a world, just poked at it a bit

1 Like

Mario Maker probably doesn’t have anything like youtube’s private videos, where your courses don’t show up if someone just browses your profile, but they can still be accessed through your super world, does it.

I really wish you could share levels privately and watch as someone plays through them. I would have made so many more courses if I had someone to test them out before uploading.

6 Likes