It’s out, click here for the worlds --> SB2 Mario Maker World Jam
Now that Mario Maker 2 has given us the ability to smash our levels into a single world, it’s time to make some Worlds!! I bet SB is gonna make some dope stuff.
Here’s the rules:
- Rules are fake ideas, so these are more like “guidelines”
- Please use levels you’ve never uploaded before! That way it’s freshly baked just for SB
- Other than that, I don’t care when you make the levels/world, but the deadline for submission is May 31st. That’s a little over a month from today.
- There’s no minimum or maximum amount of levels per world, but I’m guessing that 4-8 levels is gonna be the sweet spot. But you do you.
- When you’re done with them, please DM me the code for the world, the description you want me to put up, and a screenshot or two of it.
At the beginning of June, I’ll make a big post with everyone’s contributions so that they’re all in one place! If you’re late, then you can always post your own world after the fact, but I want to get as many as possible in one megapost. I think that’ll be fun to share around afterwards too.
In the meantime, let’s use this thread to discuss our ideas, themes, tips/tricks, WIP screens, levels that we want people to test, etc.
I’m trying to come up with some unifying themes for my levels. I think I might do either:
- An enemy showcase, where each level only uses 1 or 2 enemies and tries to get every interesting situation out of that
- A traditional-style SMW map of increasing difficulty levels, but focused on a single gimmick like block destruction, riding enemies, etc. Just like, really dig in on a single mechanic
But I might just end up doing a cool level pack. My goal is 4 levels, since I think 1 a week is pretty doable.
Anyway!! Let’s goooooooo