SB2 Mario Maker World Jam

You’re doing it right

Next step is to pretend you’re 5 other people while playing it

Then get those 5 other people to play it

1 Like

I’m still making progress on this intermittently here and there. I have my castle and two levels and then another level in progress and then an idea for one more. So I’m shooting for four levels and a castle. Still need to get some other people to play it and I worry that my layouts and challenges aren’t interesting enough or whatever but they’re probably just fine. I’m not trying to make the greatest Mario levels I’m just trying to make some Mario levels.

1 Like

I’m currently working on a themeless ground level which is really hard!! I need a gimmick to hang my hat on. But I think I will have something to show at the end of the month, gonna put a bunch of work into it this thursday

1 Like

i’m chugging right along. i’ve got five levels at the point where i just need to go back and polish up a bit, and i’m halfway through a sixth. unfortunately, though, i’m envisioning maybe four more…

1 Like

I foolishly thought I would have more time with the Switch but Alicia just likes animal crossing too much…

1 Like

lol. same. i used to have time with my switch in handheld while my partner read or whatever in the evenings, but now it’s all animal crossing and overcooked. between that and my difficulty with tapping into my creativity lately. maybe this weekend I can get a small world together?

If I’m able to get this together, the fact that each world can have five courses at a maximum will be what saves me.

1 Like

I thought I wouldn’t be able to, but I managed to get at least one whole new level done just for SB! Yay!

I also went back to my favorite levels and polished up some tiny bits about them that really bugged me, so even though this is probably just going to be a bunch of my favorite levels I’ve made in Mario Maker with almost no connective tissue between them, you’ll at least get slightly new versions of the levels I previously made.

The world is already made but just in case for the next 10 days if I’m able to make more levels and actually put in the work of creating levels thinking about them sequentially in a world context, I’ll put off from sending until the date

1 Like

Heck yes, this rules.

I’m hoping to finish 2 levels tomorrow, we’ll see how it goes. Gonna really be heads down and just, like, WORK. Kind of excited really

1 Like

I’ve got my levels and my castle and I just set them up in my world map and ran through the whole thing. It’s okay! It’s fun seeing it all come together.

If I tweak any of my levels will I have to reload them on my world? I assume that’s the case since they don’t let you edit levels while in the world map.

I think when you save the level it should roll over to the world automatically

2 Likes

4 Likes

I’ve got 2 levels done, 2 levels half done, and 1 to go. Going to try and finish this up tomorrow, then do a bit of revising. Honestly feeling pretty good about this, even if I might be rushed at the end!! It’s nice to have a deadline because it makes me just go “alright this is done” and I think the results are pretty good.

I also added a second world afterwards featuring my previously uploaded levels.

How are y’all doin?

i need an extension, teach

1 Like

I could probably use one more day off to work on this as well, actually. Hold on, let’s poll:

• I’d like a 1 week extension to June 7th
  • I’d like a 2 week extension to June 14th
  • I’m fine and don’t want or need an extension
  • I’m not participating in this jam but I wanted to click one of the options

0 voters

voting ends tomorrow at midnight central time

was confused until I realized this wasn’t a poll about whether or not you should take an extra day off

2 Likes

I’ll take an extra week if you’re offering. I’ve got my world done but it still needs work. One nephew got to the castle but couldn’t complete it and another got stuck on the second level before having to put it up for bedtime. First nephew is more skilled at platformer games than the second so that’s a good metric I think.

1 Like

i just want the date to be as close as possible so I can play yall’s levels!! been done with mine for a few days

1 Like

I’m out of this btw lol, I’ve had a heck of a month. Looking foward to everyone else’s stuff!

We’ve got a tie between 1 weeks and 2 weeks, i’m making an executive decision and delaying this until June 14th. I had planned on working on this on Thursday, but then Minneapolis started burning down police precincts and I did not touch a mario maker. Selfishly I’m taking the most extra time.

In any case, thanks for voting y’all! June 14th it is, hit me with your levels on or before that date and I’ll collect 'em all

5 Likes