ILLICIT: CLICK 2B SPOILED (nier 2 spoilers thread)

The prologue chapter wasn’t the first time 2B and 9S met. She’d already killed him dozens (if not hundreds) of times by that point. It’s her job – to kill 9S every time he stumbles upon the truth about androids and the YoRHa project. And every time he comes back, his memory of her is wiped so he thinks they’re meeting for the first time.

It’s why 2B acts so distant and no-nonsense with him.

Edit: Regarding E-type androids, if you rewatch the approach scene where all 2B’s compatriots get shot down by the giant laser, you might notice something interesting.

One of the sidequests involves a request from an android number 16D at the Bunker, who asks you to find her partner, 11B, which was one of the units that got shot down. When you find her corpse, you can access some of her memory logs, which show that she had been planning on deserting YoRHa. In the approach scene, one of the units present is a “7E”, which suggests that YoRHa knew about the planned desertion and 7E was put there to watch 11B and execute her if necessary.

4 Likes
1 Like

Where is this made more apparent? That was kinda the idea I got but I feel like I want to read a report about how those previous times might’ve played out.

Okay now i can say that the final ending is absolutely beautiful and a perfext inversion of Nier’s. I lost 4 save datas and debated going back to get a platinum but instead honored their sacrifice and threw mine to the pile.

It’s some D2, It’s some Earthbound, It’s some ultimate Dark Souls stuff.

1 Like

The end of the first loop, 2B says something along the lines of “it always ends this way”, which sure sounds like she has done this before.

I just love that 2B starts the game wanting to kill the god that put her there, and the credits are getting to do just that.

3 Likes

Can anyone point me in the most spoiler free way possible to find emil after seeing him on the way to the forest?

He will show up in the city eventually.

It’s a nicely ambiguous line. It sounds like she’s mourning that she’s always burying her comrades, but instead she’s mourning that she always murders this exact boy over and over.

3 Likes

The start of loop C is pretty hilarious when you think about it. I saw the status healing items in shops but never bought them because I never expierienced them at all. Then the bullshit that happens and it felt like the game taunting you for not being prepared for anything but it also felt like an actual bleak situation that you’re hardly going to get out of unscathed. I really liked the effect that derezzed your visuals and looked like a Gameboy screen.

2 Likes

so what changes loop 4 on? i got a chapter select, but started at the beginning anyway and there was a bit of extra dialogue from 2B (or at least not dialogue i remembered). Played through the prologue, and it was strange because the enemies in the beginning shmup section were all scaled to my level, but all the bosses and regular enemies after were level 1-3, so i killed most bosses before they were allowed to die. i got the impression i was kind of waisting my time playing it.

so there are a few side-quests i haven’t done, and those sealed dungeons in the desert, flooded city, and forest. trying to figure out what else there is to do. probably some secret boss fights? i still haven’t found where emil lives.

the visual impairment status effect is awesome, i had a cure for it and i didn’t even use it. wish it happened more in the game.

Nothing changes. You just make a different choice at the end. You can literally skip to the end and do that right now.

You can take the drug from Jackass’s mission to have it happen anytime!

yeah I used it against the final boss on loop A because I was out of cures and was like “fuck it, this is what I got” and managed to win that way

was a good experience

1 Like

Just got ending E. Declined at the decision at the end because I am a coward and because I feel like I need to do more sidequests and stuff. What did the rest of you choose?

What’s the deal with all those giant Emil heads in the desert? Is that part of that secret boss battle or just some weird secret thing?

I totally did it, even though I still had a bunch more to do, because it felt appropriate; I can’t imagine not doing it. Hence why I am playing through again to get everything.

2 Likes

Yeah, I sort of feel bad for those players who got sacrificed so I could succeed, and for the ones in the future when I “do it properly” after I am done with all the other stuff.

i think these are just a reference to the story between the games of Emil cloning himself over and over to try and fight the machines.

It’s where the secret boss fight happens

1 Like