ILLICIT: CLICK 2B SPOILED (nier 2 spoilers thread)

so it’s pretty much outright confirmed by the game that this takes place directly where the original nier did, yeah? the devola and popola copies say that two models like them caused an “incident in this region a millennia ago” and the robots in the desert are wearing the masks from façade / along with finding the reports in that area that dictate out all of the rules from facad

There’s a quest in the desert that you can get with 9s that ends with a confirmation that the desert used to be facade.

It also involves fighting robots dressed up as cowboys.

I adore the implication that the robots found a godzilla movie at some point

3 Likes

even after loop c and doing a lot of searching im only ~65%

it seems wild that a ps4 game gives you access to the debug menu after loop c. its fun messing around w the music controls in there.

phew this game is good. sad I missed the emil quest (can’t do it on route C so beware) but I guess there’s a chapter select I will unlock so I can do it later.

1 Like

Yeah, the end of route C opens the chapter select and even tracks quests in each chapter. It’s nice.

1 Like

Just got platinum AMA

You absolutely can, that’s when I did it. The only missable thing in the whole game is Ending Y

How to fight secret boss(es)? Please tell me no precision platforming is involved.

I only did one of Emil’s quests (lunar tear), where’s his house?

Do the elevators in the desert, flooded city and forest ever become accessible?

1 Like

Last question same question.

1. Using 9S anytime during the forest chapter, talk to Emil outside the entrance to the desert until he tells you where he lives (required, even if he already told you before.) then go to where the finish line of the third Speed Star event was and look at the busted rock wall to your left (if you’re facing out towards the giant pit/machine tower). You’ll see a large concrete pipe; jump into it and you’ll find an elevator. Take the elevator down to a cave area.

Work your way through this cave, and at the end you should come to a door. If Emil has told you where he lives (and you haven’t changed chapters in the meantime), the light on this door will be blue and you can open it. This is Emil’s house. Go in and steal his mask, then leave, go back to Emil’s spot outside the desert and talk to him again. He’ll say a bandit broke into his house and stole from him, but this time he put everything in a locked chest.

Go back into the pipe and down through the cave to his house, and hack open the chest to get his head. Leave the room and he’ll intercept you on your way out (take note of the changed details on his cart!). He fights you in his cart, throwing Emil-head balls all over the room and zooming around the room. After the fight, he’ll say you can do whatever you want with his room now. He also drops an item – be sure to pick it up, it’s a weapon.

Now you have to collect all of the weapons in the game and upgrade every last one of them to 100%. Once that’s done, go to the shopping mall area where you first met Emil, and he’ll be there. Talk to him and he remarks on how strong you’ve gotten, and then zooms away to the desert. Follow him out to the desert and talk to him, and this will begin the secret boss fight.

NOTE: once you do enough damage, the boss will start some dialog, and then a countdown timer will appear at the top of the screen. If you let this run down to 0, you’ll get Ending Y. If you finish the boss off before the countdown expires, the ending will be LOCKED AWAY FOREVER. Once you beat this boss, you can’t fight it again, so if you want Ending Y, you have to fight it, let the countdown run out, then come back and fight it again to finish the quest.

1. Explained above

2. No. My guess is that these leave them with options for DLC chapters.

2 Likes

yea I did it all now, the lunar tears are gone in route C so you have to unlock chapter select before you can do it, extra annoying because you have to do that quest before you can finish the keepsakes one. it lets you do all the quest except the last step so you have to do the whole thing again after the chapter select… oh well. all done with that

the emil weapon is amazing

someone help me figure out the deeper meaning of A2 having the exact taunt mechanic from god hand

4 Likes

Finished it. Sacrificed my data. Happy that particular bomb was dropped again, and loved the new weight it carried.

Unsure whether I’ll play again.

1 Like

also can we talk about how the other two playable characters taunt just being flashing a light on and off in the enemies faces

It strikes me that the meaning of ending E would change if the supply of endgame data were to dry up or the server to go down. It’s entirely possible for someone to use up more than one person’s data- in fact, I used up four because I didn’t understand the meaning of ‘data was lost’. So once it’s gone, the ending becomes ‘People could have happy endings in the past, but that is now denied to you.’

3 Likes

I’m willing to bet that there are dummy dataset built.into the game for that, or else a lot of people would have had to clear the ending without any help at all to get us all to be able to get help.

This is fine though, as the illusion is still there.

2 Likes

Oh, god, pascal. What an arc. I should have killed him, but I left him alive, which ended up being even sadder.

He sells you the cores of the dead child machines, not knowing what they are for.

I had to redo events leading up to that to see him back in the village, felt my stomach sink a little seeing their cores in his inventory. I didn’t do the math but I have a slight feeling you could bank on bringing them back to sell in earlier chapters?

I just finished up the third loop and got Ending D. 9S was a compelling character to watch get consumed and just break down. Do I need to do more sidequests to understand what was meant by 2B killing 9S multiple times? I did one where I found out about the Model E androids but I feel like theres got to be a bit more about 2B’s redesignation. On to chapter select and debug mode.

I think by “killing him multiple times” they just meant the many times on a regular loop A playthrough where she’ll survive a near-death experience (or die along with him, or kill him at his own command) and get to back up her memory data and he won’t

so she remembers all the times she’s survived or outright killed him and he doesn’t