i got brown noted by the destiny loading screen when i had e coli

omg

[Jim Ross Voice] Oh my Gawd, is that Goontimeā€™s music?! Itā€™s Goontime! Goontimeā€™s back!

I mean, I will have to buy some stuff and do a lot of catching up, but this would be some incentive to actually get back into Destiny.

Though that would involve breaking into my FFXIV time. So. Dammit.

iā€™m amazed yā€™all have played so much xiv

like every odd time iā€™ve turned on my ps4 in the past month iā€™ve see yā€™all on there

also booji they do catchup bounties at the start of each season now you almost donā€™t need to level

Yeah, I am probably at like 160 hours or so in FFXIV. I will hit the /playtime next time I am on to find out. But Destiny callsā€¦if this gets announced and we can get the band back together.

they are announcing stuff tomorrow i think. my guess is it wonā€™t hit till the september expansion at the earliest.

So is cross-save what yā€™all want? To migrate from e.g. PS4 to PC? Or so PC people can pick up the PS4 version?

Iā€™m bummed itā€™s not straight-up cross-play, which I suspect is a technical hurdle because of tick rates and frame-tied game logic. (Which crop up in PC-specific bugs.)

no cross play is the dream. and iā€™m sure itā€™s too hopeful but i donā€™t see any reason that cross saves wouldnā€™t be announced alongside cross play

but yeah even saves would be a big step up

lol i do leave it idling a lot so i can walk over and click a mining node once an hour while iā€™m working from home

idk if thatā€™s more or less embarrassing than if i was literally playing 11 hours a day but

Re: getting back in

• only requirement for each of the annual pass drops is that you have ā€œcompleted Forsakenā€ by which they mean you have finished the mission at the Watchtower
  • Benedict gives you a 690 for every slot for just doing the quest to open the new raid
  • you can skip Gambit Prime entirely if you want or go get the gear in Reckoning
  • Black Armory forges are still very active and actually easier to grind than they were during season 5

Each of the annual pass drops has a loop that sits on top of the existing game as another activity with its own loot table. I am actually in the apparent minority of people who are happy with each.

I checked out Menagerie with a group of five plus one match made person and it was fun! Itā€™s hard like a raid, but you donā€™t wipe or have to re-do the same encounter if/when you fail - you move on to the next and loop through four (?) until you unlock the boss.

Also poor Math Class missed worldā€™s first by six minutes and got excited because the exotic dropped for all of them.

i feel like cross saves are the precursor to full cross play, which will come with the next big iteration of destiny. at least thatā€™s my prediction!

1 Like

The plot thickens in a weird way.

well, if sony decides to be to cool to play nice, then thereā€™s not too much for me to get excited about

Together, as one, we can shame them into a platform agnostic future.

The sword logic demands a pinnacle, and if they donā€™t want to join the final shapeā€¦ so be it.

I just want to say:

called it

1 Like

Called what?

Also, PS4 folks, cross-save is coming with the new expansion after all. Seems like a private argument went public and got quickly resolved.

Destiny going to a F2P+Season Pass model

1 Like

Iā€™M PRETTY FUCKIN STOKED

SEE YA ON PCEEEEE AND WHEREVER THE FUCK ELSE I WANT

ITS ALSO MOVING TO STEAM WOAH

GOTH GF IS BACK

ARMOR TRANSMOG IS A THING

WERE GOING TO THE MOON AGAIN

1 Like

This is how you solve all PS4 related cross-play issues.