I can't believe today was a good play (Games you played today)

I almost said something myself but held off. This is a great way to put it.

just to double-check: 3D Land or 3D World?

the distinction is an important one

1 Like

Apple’s thatgamecompany project appears to be just Journey but bad

3 Likes

3D Land now, 3D World at some undefined point in the future.

1 Like

Do you think it’ll ever really be possible to recapture Journey’s particular magic? You can’t make a Journeylike. You can only make a shittier Journey.

no, which is why it’s disappointing that they’ve taken a developer who made three fairly different games that were all building on each other in interesting ways and basically said “we’re going to stop here”

Plok can eat my entire ass

6 Likes

It’s ok to use rewind and save states.

I won’t judge you!

I would normally agree but I’ve dreamed of beating this game since I was a child and I’d be betraying my younger self!!

This is my Everest.

4 Likes

DOZENS OF PEOPLE DIE ON EVEREST EVERY YEAR CANIA

17 Likes

Now I gotta watch that stream!

Regarding Rocket League: my girlfriend works at a venue called Arena Nova and Rocket League wanted to do an esports event there but they didn’t have enough seats. Also, I think they thought the Arena Nova was in Vienna, which is funny but easily a mistake a non-native speaker could make. Vienna is Wien and the venue is in Wiener Neustadt. Yes, I know, wiener hehe

I’ve been playing Dragon Quest Heroes II because I can’t play Builders II. It’s actually pretty fun and also very DQ. More DQ than Dynasty Warriors for sure. I’ll post about it in the DQ thread after I played some more

For a while SB had me convinced that Earnest Evans was actually good and I was missing something.

1 Like

ahh i keep missing the streams i only saw the first one ping me somehow for the next one (if possible)

I’m using Mixer now so if you make an account and follow me (https://mixer.com/VastleCania) then you should get an email

But! I’ll also like…dm you or something

1 Like

Squinted completionist eyes at Yakuza Zero, and realized no, best move along through the ending and not into another 30 hours, probably ++++ that even…

But I get to managing that Sunshine Cabaret Club and find myself…rejuvenated.

1 Like

Got angry at Stephen’s Sausage Roll earlier today as the second island has one puzzle that sticks out immediately in terms of not being at all like the others and caused me to just shut the game off and walk away rather than deal with that tower. Came back later after playing some 3D Land to cool off and managed to more or less brute force my way through it, peeked at a puzzle on the third island and it seems to be a basic one teaching you the mechanics you needed to process that previous one. Fuck you too game.

Yeah, as far as world like 4 or 5 (where I stopped) there’s not another puzzle like that. Not sure what that’s about.

1 Like

Yeah I pretty much dropped the game around this point too. SSR is infatuated with puzzles I don’t enjoy.

2 Likes

For all the talk of the game being an absolutely breathtaking puzzle game beyond all others it is… very much a sokoban game and not everybody likes those kind of puzzlers. I for the most part do and the rest of the puzzles so far have been fairly clever ones of that ilk but I don’t think that is enough to appeal to those who just don’t generally enjoy that type.

The interesting part to me is that I played through Stephen’s previous commercial puzzle game before and you can trace how one of the mechanical gimmicks in that game lead to the basic mechanics here. Even the section to section progression is similar, if not as dramatic in SSR so far.

I liked English Country Tune quite a bit(there were a few puzzle types I didn’t care for but it had such breadth to its puzzling) so I had high hopes for SSR

2 Likes