how is plummer formed (mario maker)

petition the dev for a Mario Maker 2014 style in Mario Multiverse

1 Like

Yeah SMB1 graphics with later-games stuff is absolutely the best thing about the game. It wasn’t until SMM that I realized I don’t really care for not only SMW’s aestheticb, but even SMB3’s! I think almost every level I made was in SMB1 graphics, unless I needed to use a later game’s powerup specifically

i am beyond hype for this

this is such a hilarious monstrosity, he should be in every mario game

he should be in smash

8 Likes

i know it’s dumb but… gosh i want it to have a world map maker and little campaigns

11 Likes

!!!

If this were the case I could go dig up old level designs I put together as a kid and actually make the fully playable self-contained Mario “game” I dreamed of.

1 Like

Yeah it was my #1 hope for Mario Maker 2 and I’m actually surprised they didn’t build it.

I wanted to curate worlds with my favorite levels that other folks made

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this, because I see this misconception all the time.

I will say, the sheer power of Mario’s various styles to make people feel like they are playing with different physics is pretty incredible.

I think this plays into it a lot too. None of the other games feel like NSMB specifically because they don’t have walljumps or wallslides, which (IMO) gives NSMB that sort of sticky-but-slippery feel? Every time I hit a wall it’s like slamming into glue and slowly sliding down. Not a big fan unless the level is specifically designed for walljumps.

And also: In people’s memories, the important things about mario games is the things that Mario can or cannot do, and the powerups. And each game has their exclusive iconic powerup (except SMB1 which has Weird Mushroom, which rules) and their exclusive Mario capabilities.

Anyway

I love Mario Maker!!!

I really hope the unlocking process for new themes and shit doesn’t suck!!!

7 Likes

I wonder if the amiibo costumes will still be a thing. I like how there’s more flexibility with water now but I still want free floating water tiles.

Requiring one player to be online for local multiplayer kinda takes out the hang out possibilities of this game.

1 Like

6 Likes

I wish for a Yoshi’s Island gametype.

2 Likes

i wish for this game to come out today!!!

1 Like

Mario is Missing game type or bust

12 Likes

6 Likes

Looking foreword to playing Iggy and Spike based on fmv captures of the actors.

3 Likes

this was always my hope for MM! i’m a lot more interested in the idea of creating something “like a Mario game” moreso than just building individual levels.

i didn’t have a WiiU and i will get MM2, buuut yeah

1 Like

Super Mario World Luigi sprite comparison.

smw-luigis

11 Likes

I was sort of aware that there was a few of these but had no idea they got this weird

What even IS that first one??

EDIT: From the comments

2 Likes

I’ve seen some people theorycrafting co-op only levels for this (like have one player be on On/Off switch duty as another player works through the level) and I can’t help but wonder if all their thinking will be for nothing when the final game comes out. Would you even be able to test those in co-op to upload them? Since multiplayer can only be played on separate systems you would need 3 extra Switch consoles for that!

In the Direct they highlighted you could tag a level for Vs. competitive play but no such thing for co-op. The fact that only one player needs to reach to goal to complete the level kind of further seems to indicate that the co-op is just a fun extra mode you can do in any level (and probably break a lot of the more intricately designed ones). Will co-op clears have a separate level completion percentage?

If you still want to design a co-op level for your friends or something though (or some streamer LP people) you could make one that heavily relies on a two-way honour system. At the start have a pipe or something that immediately takes you to the exit so you can actually upload the level yourself. Anyone playing the level co-op and “for real” though will ignore that pipe and have to go through the actual designed route. At least now you can write your own little text blurb to use as a level description explaining all this.

Will still be a pain in the butt for the level creator to test if the only way to play it co-op at all is to first upload it online.

2 Likes

Word going 'round is that the official Japanese site lists local multiplayer as a thing you can do. I don’t read Japanese so can neither confirm nor deny.

Edit:

(Other controllers also supported.)

1 Like