Hardcore Will Never Die But Hardware Will

Continuing the discussion from Hardware To Be a God - #2019 by anothergod.

Previous discussions:

reposting anothergod’s question that ended the last thread

1 Like

Hardcore Will Never Die But Hardware Will

17 Likes

damn… going to listen to that record now. been a while

1 Like

about the switch / steam deck form factor, how easy is it to actually use the controller controls?

i could never get totally comfortable with the original PSP (it always felt too heavy to me, but it might have been a combination of weight and form)… the switch is about the same weight but the steam deck is about twice as heavy.

1 Like

I think the switch is pretty uncomfortable but have enjoyed playing my steam deck the whole time I’ve had. It is a bit heavy but, for me, not to the point where it is uncomfortable or any kind of problem. The larger size is nice.

2 Likes

when we use the steam deck we rest the bottom on our desks or sternum, rarely supporting the weight with hands

5 Likes

Some company managed to rebrand The Boppy (nursing pillow) as a Gamer Pillow and it’s basically just to keep your hands in a comfortable position when holding a controller or game system.

5 Likes

I am coming late to the iPhone talk but I am terrified of wasting batter life on music playback (but not…website browsing, obviously) so have my phone in my left pocket and my ipod touch in my right. That everyone listens to music on their phone and gets through the day means this is not a problem but it’s a problem to me.

I use Copytrans Suite to interact with Windows and my iproducts. It’s been worth the money.

Then again the replacement battery on my ipod can’t get through the day but every time I fix my ipod I start from zero playlists because Apple.

This is all mute since I have a Spotify podcast playing in one airpod for 60% of the day. Okay child keeps interrupting me typing this post over

8 Likes

arse technical finally noticed this

9 Likes

also odd re: the windows bloatware situation, i installed win11 22h2 on a new thinkpad a couple of months back and it shipped with a three year old version of onedrive, had to manually upgrade to something current

1 Like

Anybody in the U.S. want to buy my old Pixel 4a? (I got it through Google Fi which I belive should mean it’s carrier-unlocked by default, especially without the original SIM card). Only a few minor blemishes, screen is in basically perfect condition as far as I can tell. Battery life seems decent, but I guess I’m also never far from sources of charging so I’m not so sensitive to battery life.

okay it’s been a while but why am I having such a hard time screwing fans into a bracket. it’s like there’s no threading and I’m forcing the screws into plastic. I forgot how to do this

1 Like

that’s how it is with fans, actually! self-tapping screws and soft plastic

1 Like

I was told itx builds are miserable but so far this is the only difficult part

2 Likes

just going to have to zip tie this shit or something

2 Likes

totally works! my brother had fans zip-tied to his GPU for a spell without a problem. the bourgie new product for fan attachment is like silicone plugs that do the same job with some vibration absorption

my open box rog strix x670e-i from microcenter did not seem to come with the wifi antennae

I feel bad that I’ve made so many people buy that motherboard, it was literally the only option I wanted but oof

1 Like

You didn’t make me buy it it was the only one that didn’t have a rinky dink number of ports on the back. the atx board my sister got had less than this one had

2 Likes