HALO

yea the code worked! i played a little bit
i was trying to get it to play nice with a ps3 controller and it wouldn’t >:| so i’ll prob have to just play with m+kb

i remember being very excited for spv3.1 and then playing it and being like man they really just threw all the shit at the wall and hoped it would stick. its definitely worth playing to see the crazy shit they did with the halo 1 engine, its super impressive to look at and all the ~HALO LORE WEAPONS~ they added in from the books and shit are fun to look at. but oh god halo 1s campaign does not need to be 17 levels especially if theres more flood bullshit

3 Likes

Just been playing Reach on PC… folks… it’s very good

shouldn’t surprise anyone but damn i forgot how much better halo gunplay feels than all the other gunplay

you can still see your legs

i put the dialogue in japanese and Reach feels like an anime now

honestly i’m having more fun playing on PC than i did on xbox, i might even get into speedrunning this stupid game, who knows?

def wanna get all the cheevos

also i still have an achievement named after me in MCC B)

2 Likes

but apparently they changed:

• no forge or theater (yet)
  • no map voting
  • you have to unlock armor instead of just buy it, and u can only unlock by playing MP or Firefight. this sucks!!!
  • no file share

bummer

1 Like

hell yeah

oh hell naw

2 Likes

locking the customization options we’ve all had for years behind some stupid fucking battle pass that you only make progress in by playing multiplayer really cements this remaster as a complete downgrade in functionality from the original game. videogames fucking suck

2 Likes

sound is still atrocious, still won’t play until it’s fixed

Didn’t Reach always lock customization behind multiplayer? You could get small amounts of credits from campaign but to get any sizable amount you had to play firefight or multi.

og reach had daily and weekly challenges that were a good source of progress if you played in campaign or co-op as well. you unlocked more than one item every time you ranked up in the original game and it was a spread of stuff instead of just one helmet or whatever like half the tiers on the battle pass thing. people also really liked having to save up to buy stuff. im not saying bringing back cr wouldve been cool or good, they shouldve just given us this shit from the beginning because reach is an ancient game and we all had this stuff on 360 already. its the least they could do considering pc players have no theater mode or forge. im also just opposed to these stupid battle pass/season pass/what the fuck ever things every game has now on principle

1 Like

343 just has weird priorities i dont understand, they also left out the halo 3 odst firefight mode for some reason which has always bothered me too

1 Like

i made some posts about halo 1 multiplayer in the reach thread:

The Disintegration closed multiplayer technical beta arrives January 28 on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Choose from up to seven unique crews, command your ground units, and compete on two dynamic modes and maps.

From a small team of 30 led by the co-creator of Halo, Marcus Lehto, V1 Interactive brings Disintegration, a new sci-fi shooter unlike any other. Become immersed in the riveting single player story and team up with your friends to wreak havoc in PvP multiplayer. Prepare to hop on your very own Gravcycle and join the action!

4 Likes

Playing the first Halo is pure joy. Please don’t play with the remastered graphics. They’re fucking ugly and in a few levels like Truth and Reconciliation there’s pretty noticeably weird behavior with collision and certain objects like trees because they moved stuff around.

3 Likes

yeah it rules

i only just realised that it’s a bad deal buying these separately somehow but at least i don’t have to pay for 4 that way

2 Likes

love both of these posts

2 Likes

I think 4 is unfairly maligned but also doesn’t need a reevaluation.

I know this is a purist thing but I’m actually looking forward to playing Anniversary at some point just because it has an Iron Skull option (1 player dies = all players return to checkpoint).

The original Halo is my favorite when playing solo but I never saw it as worth playing co-op because of the free, cheesy respawning. I know we could attempt to manually enforce ironman by remembering to return to checkpoint when someone dies but I’d much rather the game enforced it for us as is possible in 3 onwards (and 2 on Legendary, but that’s like Kaizo Halo).

2 Likes