HALO

MOD EDIT: INDIVIDUAL GAME THREADS

ORIGINAL POST:

For the first time ever, The Master Chief’s story comes to PC. Featuring Halo: Reach along with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, the Halo 3: ODST Campaign and Halo 4, this is the definitive Halo experience.

Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, The Master Chief’s story is brought together with a total of 67 campaign missions plus more than 120 multiplayer maps (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps. Now built for PC with mouse and keyboard support and up to 4K UHD and HDR.

4 Likes

But is Reach being backported to Xbox One or just on PC?

1 Like

Oh nice, another excuse to play through the Halo campaign.

3 Likes

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach

Now the ultimate question - crossplay? Gears 4 has it for co-op and social PvP.

No release date yet I take it?

can’t wait to co-op odst on legendary

“honoring the iconic hero and his journey” I love that fictional space marines can get honored now.

1 Like

I only ever played the first one, which I liked. I think this is the only one of the HD collection things I’ve ever thought about buying.

Press Alt-F4 to Honor Master Chief

1 Like

lol i didn’t realize halo 4 was on this fuckin thing, that’s hilarious

2 Likes

Ftfy

1 Like

yeah I still find the whole military brand of this so weird

like the idea of cortana as a recognizable character in the windows operating system is baffling to me every time I think about it

the first game was by far the best LAN experience I’ve ever had though I thought the PC port of it a couple years later near-completely missed the point, like if goldeneye was an FPS for people who had never played one before then Halo was a deeply considered console game and maybe even the only FPS I can think of that wasn’t fundamentally better with a mouse

so I’m looking forward to it with qualifications

4 Likes

It starts as a (Verhoeven) Starship Troopers thing (especially if you… read the books) but they really lost the thread. There’s a bit in Halo 5 where Cortana roasts the protagonists for being a bunch of psychopathic spooks that’s pretty great though.

2 Likes

So wait. Is ODST in this? I couldn’t find out by web searching.

Yes! It’s already in the Xbone version. It sounds like they’re putting out Reach on PC first and then adding the other games as they finish them.

Worth adding that however this turns out, it’s also being developed with PC in mind.

1 Like

I never got too into halo except I got dragged to a couple of lan things for the first game cause I was good at it, that was fun. we went to some rich kids nice house out in the woods once who would throw his controller every time he got killed so I started specifically targeting him, making him miserable gave me a lot of joy.

9 Likes

As covered on the Bumpass Hinge Problems love episode, Halo 2 was mostly a thing to play at church lock ins.

Because nothing says church better than genetically engineered super soldiers murdering each other.

2 Likes

how good were 3 and ODST? I pretty much ignored them after 2 killed my interest in the series by ruining both LAN parties and the pistol

1 Like

3 and odst and reach are totally in the canon imo

they’re great

2 Likes