HALO

I think you’ll wanna check out Far Cry 2, Crysis and FEAR

2 Likes

agree with all of this

i feel like i appreciated Halo 2’s civil war storyline way more than many ppl ITT; you can see the ambition there, even if it’s somewhat unrealized, or realized in a flawed way. High Charity especially stands out for me in this regard, you have the ship falling apart, flood everywhere, the Prophet sort of regally yet dismally intoning through the ship PA system while Cortana in your ear is telling you which button to hit. it’s very halo 1 feeling

3 Likes

cool trailer! I was on board from the first second and that only really wavered when the Chief spoke his dumb ass “I’m a hard ass” lines. I like the general trajectory of this though. Probably took a lot of hints from neu-Wolf??

i say this with the greatest respect but wow i can’t imagine how you got that from that trailer

2 Likes

naw, I’m just speculating. the guy in the trailer has some actual motivation and a human side to him and that made me hope

Beard guy fighting religious invaders because of his family is kind of the opposite of the politics of the last two wolfensteins to be honest.

Like something this trailer really underlined for me was how many video game dudes these days look like the dudes in skull T-Shirts that hang out around Portland trying to make folks scared.

Looooove to be proven wrong of course. I mean the original halo games eventually had the really great twist of the Elites teaming up with Chief, but I’m not holding my breath.

3 Likes

yeah i wouldn’t hold my breath either, these games are made by dipshits now

lol wow i hate 343 lol

5 Likes

im probably the only person not impressed at all with the new wolfensteins so the stupid HOLOGRAM WIFE shit in this trailer came across as dumb as hell to me. the reveal of master chief floating outside the ship was fucking hilarious and i wish they would let this shambling corpse of a franchise die in peace already. i say this with the utmost love as someone who was completely obsessed with halo until bungie stopped making them

1 Like

If you like this, tiger, come back to destiny

Or play destiny: epistolary novel edition at ishtar-collective.net

2 Likes

Martin O’Donnell put up his piano doodles from ten years ago on YouTube with text annotations and it’s really neat.

the reveal of master chief outside the ship at 2:21 has perfect comedic timing it’s incredible

3 Likes

Indie bungie should hire Marty back now that Activision isn’t making them use

Costco Hans Zimmer trailer music with BWAH and constant shepard tones to make you feel anxious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdWkpbPTpmE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1KWyDDM2U

(Not that I don’t love Michael Salvatori and co. too)

I thought that was a Master Chief crotch shot at first

yes…YES

the beginning of this exactly channels the mech industrial space vibes i was hoping to continue from halo 1, especially the hangar scene in the opening cinematic. shit breaking, falling apart, bulkheads sparking, everything functional and bulky… man operating a vast machine

honestly tho immensely disappointed with bringing back chief as a playable character. if anything he should be a vast superpowered monstrosity who fights alongside and/or against you, only sometimes for things flesh and blood people actually believe in. make pilot guy the main character, he actually has a personality and a purpose

honestly it’s been so long since i actually watched reach cinematics that for the first bit i actually thought it was a brand new cutscene

im down to play destiny again!

1 Like

The dehumanized Spartan we saw in the 2000 trailer, when it looked like it was a co-op Cameron space marine shooter, was always my favorite rendition:

3 Likes

This is my favorite example after ~4 years of uncritical revanchism

Did that code work? I mean, lol that’s the stuff that’s going to be free but w/e

1 Like