Guys I tried to rewatch Aliens after rewatching Alien

That’s a bummer! It hit in that weird time frame when White Wolf stuff was at its peak, but also stuff like First Quest and it’s audio CD hit. I had always hoped it was the good streamlined and not the bad sloppy stripped down kind of thing.

Alien
Alien 3
Resurrection
The comics, maybe?
A video game
Comic on the back of a Fruit Roll-Ups box or something
Aliens

Halfway through Aliens sort of becomes a zombie movie, but you don’t care about the chracters, so it’s really boring.

Also, all the action looks like someone filming laser tag, smoke machine and all.

The director’s cut is way worse and starts with Newt’s origin story.

This is a sequel to Alien: Resurrection.

2 Likes

I’ve always loved that cover.

A bunch of Alien comics are on sale on Comixology, including some of the comics mentioned in this thread.

Yessss, I was trying to find footage of this game and couldn’t remember the name

No???

Another poster mentioned not liking the director’s cut because it has stuff on the colony before it goes to shit which who cares yeah. It didn’t feel extraneous when I watched it (the only version i have watched) but I can see cutting it and not losing everything

But in the theaterical cut they did cut out that at the beginning Ripley wakes up 80 years later and finds out her family has died of natrual causes. That she had missed any chance of seeing her daughter again by years. This is a devestating scene that defines all of her actions for the rest of the film. Removing those scenes takes away any motivation she had to even go on the mission outside of boredom.

I was onboard with Ripley. The marines put me off at first, but I adjusted and enjoyed their cartoonish aggression. This only worked because I was continuing to be carried by Ripley’s journey enough to come around when the Marines started getting picked off. And when it goes to shit it goes to shit real bad.

Then it was watching the deathmachines be killable/unkillable as the plot dictates.

Alien is a better cohesive whole.

1 Like

Guys

Boot to head > 911 to face > acid to foot

It’s great

& Knuckles

This is the only nerd collectable I could see myself collecting dust around my place, aside from a Nihei figurine I guess.

1 Like

Do they supposedly have humanoid skulls under the exoskeleton now or what

fuck yeah

never apologize for paul reiser

2 Likes

They always did until Cameron decided otherwise.

Guess you should rewatch Alien again!

Also this is a neat resource: https://alienseries.wordpress.com/

1 Like

B-but that doesn’t show up in the movie . . . . . ?

I am going to rewatch it v soon probably just to capture certain stills. That so many of the shots can be abstracted as columnar chambers is a really neat visual theme that supports the sense of the Nostromo being a subterranean network despite being an aerial ship

Aliens Labyrinth was really good you guys, just finished reading it

It does! It’s part of the outfit and everything!

Oh another connection I made is the vague resemblance the Nostromo’s exterior has to imaginary renderings of Porsena’s Tomb

It’s a bit of a stretch but they both have this distressing construction, a few huge tapering forms rising out of a pancaked podium, and I like interpreting the Nostromo as a mausoleum

4 Likes

Cameron did make changes to the design for no reason, though–in case you didn’t notice:

i get u jim

3 Likes