Guilty Gear Strive is the best fighting game I've ever played

ℙ𝕃𝔸𝕐𝔼ℝ𝟙 | The character you’ve chosen is brimming with countless possibility. Your input breathes life into the character and will lead you to victory. If you put on your best performance, the character will definitely answer back in kind.

6 Likes

Someone ripped all of those player descriptions.

1 Like

Even if they are missing parts alot of the cast still look like they still have their core gameplans are still there. Millia is still has knockdown into disk (but now you can challenge the disk), I-No still has note pressure and hi/low mix up with all her dash options and buttons, Anji still has butterfly oki and guard points etc.

2 Likes

i made a good comeback in this one

3 Likes

I’m loving Ino. She feels rlly hard thoe.

Not a single one of u is talking about how gorgeous this game is. Lol

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m getting this. Am I dumb for buying a PS4 copy?

PS4 has much, much longer load times and it has that dynamic resolution drop shit when stuff gets hectic but it wasn’t something I really noticed during the betas.

It sounds like they may implement PC/PS crossplay at some point. Why do I think this? I don’t remember. Some vaguely worded interview or tweet somewhere, probably.

If your PC can run it I’d personally go that route – my computer is 10 years old and runs it just fine at 1080p – but PS4 is just fine.

1 Like

i’m not convinced it is gorgeous so much as just that every other fightman out there at the moment is considerably uglier

1 Like

I think they’re both true. idk why every other fighting game looks like trash, it’s supremely depressing to compare, say, Third Strike and Soul Calibur to SFV and SCVI, but here we are. Strive is the only current fighter that even looks designed.

3 Likes

Does PS4 Pro fare better?

As someone trying to learn Potemkin, this is supremely meditative.

This helps. My PC can probably run Strive but my friend already bought his copy for PS4. I would love crossplay since it would let me lose against more of my friends!

It’s visually impressive at a technical level, but I feel like the readability of the game state has absolutely tanked due to Strive’s stylistic choices, and I would rather be looking at Xrd’s graphics in that respect. I feel like there was much better contrast between characters and backgrounds in Xrd, and outlines in the art felt bolder than they are now (though that might be due to the lower resolution on base PS4).

3 Likes

Yeah, I can appreciate how Arcsys’ animators, character designers and so on are running circles around the rest of the 3D graphics-based fighting game scene, but I never felt the game as a whole is pleasant to look at? Most fonts are an eyesore and the legibility is so bad, I keep forgetting where to look at, especially whenever the resolution drops even slightly. This is an extreme example, but whenever I saw clips of extremely lo-fi SFV or DBFZ I still knew what I was looking at and where to focus, and it’s just not the case here. Combined with how compared to the previous GGs, I always feel like I’m two steps from my opponent in this one, sometimes Strive feels like a hazy dream of playing a Guilty Gear game. Honestly hoping for a Revelator-like re-release where they redo the UI and tinker with the aesthetic a little bit to make the characters pop out more.

1 Like

watching the game I was worried about it being too busy, but it feels much more readable while playing to me. it helps that the big mechanical stuff is easy to see: RCs freeze the screen and are all different color, complete with the little clock over the defender where applicable, bursts are easy to see, overdrives give a rather long screen freeze, counter hits give you much more time to confirm than in most games. high/low mixups usually have something very visually apparent about them. I think these are bigger accessibility changes than the damage model or the execution tweaks, at least early on. I can block and confirm shit in this game that I just can’t in most games, and I appreciate that a lot.

chillin in floor 9 now, somehow. occasionally running into the players what know what they are doing. on the one hand, that’s fun; on the other hand, should I have really gone from 8 to 9 solely off of beating one anji player for 30 minutes?

4 Likes

i would run sets with anyone here on steam if 1) player matches actually worked, and 2) I even knew what to do for you all to add me

Slumming it on Floor 4. These lobbies really do suck huh

Been hovering between floors 7 and 8. I’m at a point where everyone has the same level of mastery over there characters as me and I actually have to play better then my opponent now which kinda sucks…

2 Likes

gonna actually dive in to online tonight i play ramlethal and have a hard time visually processing my own corner pressure. pls fight me

1 Like