god, i'm so sorry (superhero-comicbook nonsense)

Is it worth reading? Consider than I actually didn’t mind DK2 (Prez and the Atom!), but of course want no business with anything Holy Terror-y.

it’s alright ya know. Never read Holy Terror but if you could stomach 2 then your set.

1 Like

DK2 kinda ruled, so I would be OK with more of that. I will probably just wait for the trade of the whole thing though.

1 Like

Miller didn’t even write this one. It’s not very good or interesting aside from when he gets to illustrate backups and it figures rejuvenating Bruce Wayne so he’s in his prime again is a good idea, so if Miller does in fact decide to do a sequel all on his own, there’s that working against him. It seems like Brian Azzarello is fond of cynically mining revered storylines for the sake of hype.

the unbelievable gwenpool went from a throwaway comedy book to some kind of experimental meta thing, all with super-nice gurihiru art

2 Likes

ain’t no animal man, but that’s itneresting.

2 Likes

i know i’m pretty late to this party but i finally watched The Lego Batman Movie yesterday and the Will Arnet-voiced Edgelord Teen Batman is now my Current Canonical Batman and i can’t stop thinking about the opening song

1 Like

I don’t know how they managed to perfectly collapse all possible batmans (batmen) into a single parody but they did it.

Who always pays their taxes?
Not Batman!

1 Like

holy shit this is great, is hastings still writing? I hope so

that was the newest issue when i posted it, so probably?

1 Like

Should’ve remixed Whitey On the Moon imo

2 Likes

The revolution will be streamed in 4k I guess :doomdie::doomdie::doomdie:

1 Like

I honestly don’t like the idea that he’s a monarch, which I know is an “essential” part of his character from the comics.

Hoping there’s some kind of political machinery that make his being King more like being some sort of President.

Knowing there won’t be.

1 Like

seeing Justice League alone on my 30th birthday is one of those soul emptying experiences you really only get to have once. What a mess, I think, not failing to wonder if it’s my life I’m talking about or the movie

Actual line of dialogue: “what if u were stronger than a planet”

1 Like
1 Like

man i have completely dropped off keeping up with any of these movies, i haven’t seen most of the ones released this year. somehow they turned the irrational anxiety i feel when i don’t play/keep up with popular newly released games into a whole movie universe thing.

though i gotta say, i watched that Spiderman Homecoming movie the other day and like, it was really good? it was way better than i expected it to be, and, while it was too long (all these movies are too long), it keeps things interesting all the way till the end, which seems fairly novel considering all these movies usually end with END OF THE WORLD SUPERFIGHTS that bore the hell out of me. i really liked Tom Holland’s Spiderman, he really seemed like a good adaptation of my favorite version of the character and this movie had a lot of genuinely funny little moments and character stuff that entertained me.

it’s become the second best super hero movie i’ve seen this year, right behind The Lego Batman movie, which i will fiercely defend as one of the best Batman movies ever made

1 Like