god, i'm so sorry (superhero-comicbook nonsense)

for every marvel exec that says audiences are tired of origin stories two origin stories grow back

1 Like
1 Like

Into the Spider-Verse is fucking phenomenal. It is easily the best comic book movie I’ve ever seen. It is an absolute joy to watch.

They nail the visuals, the characters are spot-on and perfectly cast, the emotion beats hit just right, the pacing is perfect, the story is somehow fantastic, despite trying to merge 5 different story lines together into one.

Wow that was great.

2 Likes

i finally read tom kings mister miracle tonight and god what just an incredible thing it was

As someone who has only a vague awareness of the comics industry I found this Tom King post pretty interesting

And the reaction to it has been equally as bizarre:

1 Like

Good.

1 Like
1 Like

the power of spider-man is so great that my joy at seeing a comics-accurate(ish) mysterio costume in live action is dulled by the fact that i can’t help but be disappointed that this isn’t into the spider-verse two already

but like

mysterio

(the spider-verse version of mysterio would clearly be voiced by like scott aukerman or something and be incredible, alas)

1 Like

is this the first major MCU film to feature a character whose gimmick is that He Sucks???

2 Likes

:fish: :bowling:

1 Like

just found out today at the comic shop that marvel regained the conan license and they’re releasing a bunch of new stuff?!

1 Like

just snagged the shop’s last 30th anniversary hardcover of Crisis on Infinite Earths

edit: i couldn’t even make it through the first issue. the foreword had already put me on the ropes, and then i took one look at that first cover- all the detail there was to take in- cringed, and shut the book.

edit #2: can’t decide whether to press on or take another stab at Astro City and/or Grant Morrison’s run on Doom Patrol.

both of your alternative choices are better than crisis on infinite earths

1 Like

what’s wrong with crisis on infinite earths?

i hate that i love this

2 Likes

it’s driving me crazy that it’s a modern squarespace style long site instead of actual individual pages

12 Likes

my headcanon is this site was put together by Phil Coulson shortly after the events of Captain Marvel

1 Like