god, i'm so sorry (superhero-comicbook nonsense)

Man, why am I the only one who’s genuinely offended by each new revelation about Venom. I never read the comics, but I guess as a kid I thought Venom was really cool, based on character design and that video game.

That being said, I don’t think I really have a fan relationship with the character, so much as I’m just really bothered by overtly terrible choices in movies.

The “turd in the wind” monologue is just…Jesus. On the one hand, I think it’s true to the character to have the the script written by a 14 year old boy who’s really into Megadeath, but on the other hand you get what you pay for.

Anyway, I came to this thread to post this reaction video which is endlessly depressing.

I don’t think Captain Marvel’s neck likes that collar

Oh hey it’s, yknow, that lady. From that thing

omg rite??

1 Like

I like that trailer and I’m down for this Captain Marvel movie but holy shit I cracked up when she just cold clocks that smiling old lady on the subway for apparently no reason. I might have to rewatch that part to see if there was some key bit of context I was missing in between all the jump cutting.

The old lady is a skrull

All old ladies are skrulls?

I guess my internal criticism of “this looks grim and dire and no fun at all” turned out to be a real monkey’s paw

2 Likes

4 Likes

2 Likes

Ah, that reminds me- is Infinity War worth a watch if I’ve been out of the loop since phase one?

I have seen these films sporadically and it was a nice spectacle. If anything seeing all your friends together might make you want to see one or two of their individual movies. I really liked the new spiderman player. I have yet to watch his movie. Will probably watch it on a plane!

I would at least watch Avengers 1 and 2 and Civil War before IW. You’d be missing out on essentially the entire backstory w/o those

4 Likes

this looks so good

i never thought i would care about any multiverse stuff but it seems to have the right kind of irreverent “What If?” attitude rather than the weird graveness with which the topic is usually treated

1 Like

i still will probably never watch venom but all the reviews saying it feels like a mid 00s pre mcu movie like hulk or daredevil or fantastic four actually makes it more appealing to me

5 Likes

one of these things is not like the others

bring back the failed tv pilot era of superhero movies tbh

3 Likes

Where’s a trashy, non-prestige Moon Knight TV show?

2 Likes