Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

The definitive EDF experience is playing online, killing a few ants, making your character shout “EDF!!”, seeing other players respond “EDF!!! EDF!!!”, then shooting other ants while shouting “EDF!!” In real life.

4 Likes

do you have the PS4 version? I could always use a co-op partner

I do, and I think we are PS4 buddies, so feel free to bug me online to co-oping good times.

1 Like

I see what you did there!!!

1 Like

Tried picking up Fire Emblem Awakening again after getting a new SD card to download it again. Had a Hard mode save about 5 chapters in and after getting another three maps down I decided to just start over in Normal mode. I played the GBA FEs so I thought I’d be alright with the Hard mode being advertised for people familiar with it but the maps just felt like to much of a slog and required a trial run so you could nail down a good way to get solid footing. I’ve been playing with the casual setting because I don’t have time for Ironmanning a long form jSRPG. Even with that I just found Hard Mode just a tad to much for my patience.

Unfortunaely I play on the ps4 too erratically to be reliable re: playing online, and I probably live a few timezones from you (I’m in France)

Have fun guys

i’ve been playing thru Final Fantasy X and Way of the Samurai on my PS2.

FFX is a lot better than I imagined it to be based on my 30 minutes starting a new game at a friend’s house. That game is pretty remarkable for how unappealing the game appears based on its first 30 minutes. The battle system greatly benefits from A) no longer being bound to ATB, B) being able to hotswap characters, and C) the battle engine being willing to force you to use the breadth of your abilities instead of just begging you to mash attack thru most of the game.

Way of the Samurai is really great. My only real qualm so far has been that the camera is a little to willing to make controlling the game a lot harder.

Will write more on these soon.

Oh, I did get a chance to start a game of Adventures of Cookie and Cream; that game is absolutely amazing!

1 Like

yo you better be playing cookie and cream with that friend you mentioned, that game is awesome co-op!

Is there really a point in telling the thread what games I’ve played today if I’m just playing the same games everyday with any end in sight

Played a bunch of Cactus while messing around with OBS in case I go crazy and start streaming, made some high scores (no you can’t have the videos) and messed around with the first person EX option. This is the first game to give me motion sickness, mostly because I picked characters that go fast or warp with their alternate weapons. Oh, and I almost got a new high in the endless mode but died because I was going to fast. I’m still angry about it! Pumped to S+ the whole game again in a week when the PS4 version comes and maybe I’ll get drunk and stream the whole thing.

I still like Paladins but the more I play it, I just can’t see how Hi-Rez is going to monetize it. Like, you would think a lot of how they would make money is by getting people to buy cards via chests, but I haven’t played much and have all but 3 or 4 cards without spending anything. I guess they could sell heroes but it doesn’t seem like you could do an endless amount of things in terms of varying them (Overwatch has seemingly found itself in the same place but it’s a retail product so that’s a terrible point of comparison but just bear with me here) and locking any of the small amount they have already will just make any kind of bottomless hero pack (like the Smite one-time purchase for all gods ever) seem like it has little value. Anyway, it’s a fun game and I run around as the tree dude and throw axes at them and they die.

CODBLOPS III is on free MP weekend again and the damn game still feels weird when I move around but now that I’ve thrown money at my computer, it runs well so still waiting on that mod support.

Yes, I totally wrote a paragraph expressing concern about a F2P game making money. It’s okay though, because I like that game.

i’ve heard you can trade over the internet with those eshop versions – do you know if you can battle too? bc if so that would be really nuts and really really cool and might convince me to get it as well

I’m pretty sure it’s just local wireless, not online?

aw dang my mistake. a little disappointing but i can definitely see what they’re going for.
thoughts of internet battling had me dreaming of a revived gen-1 tournament league :grinning:

Turns out you can transfer Gen-1 eshop mons to the new games via the Pokemon Bank app, though. Which is actually pretty cool. That huge a generation gap makes it more exciting. Though, Pokemon Stadium used to give transferred mons varied colors, and nothing has done that since. Now that shinies are becoming commonplace, you’d think they’d bring that back.

I’m super curious how they’re going to handle stats and EVs and IVs. I’m guessing they’ll go with the methods that GSC used, but it’ll be interesting nonetheless. I’m also wondering if any Pokemon traded out of RBY will be shiny - they were in GSC sometimes.

I can’t believe Missingno. is really in the remake. I want to corrupt my save game and experience a creeping sense of dread just like when I was a child. Ahh nostalgia

Paladins is still in beta, and as proof of this, they patched the game today and completely changed how the cards work again, which almost completely invalidate my concerns and thoughts regarding balance that I posted some 14 hours ago

I don’t even know how they’re going to get this game to work if they can’t decide how to deploy the central conceit, seeing as it’s changed twice in the month I’ve been in

Pokemon R/B wouldn’t be Pokemon R/B without missingno and the ability to trivialize items/money/the Safari Zone in the endgame through ridiculous glitch abuse

1 Like

For years I’ve been thinking of Pokemon’s special and physical/ranged splits as necessary changes that should have been obvious from the start, but playing Gen 1 again I think I see what the original intention was. Special isn’t just a statistic of these creatures, it’s Magic. And of course Magic defines both potency of attack and defense, because it’s Magic. And of course physical strength and defense are meaningless in relation to it.

At the start of the game every single monster uses tackle. The first types you run into are flying, poison, and fighting, all of which make use of attack instead of special. But over time, as you become more invested in the pokemon you’ve caught they become more fantastical and develop magical attributes. They summon fire or cloud minds. In the end game only a handful of mundane pokemon, the champions of the material world, are still relevant against the demigods that walk the earth.

6 Likes