Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

Playing Super Mario Run now that it’s on Android and if nothing else Nintendo’s current UI aesthetic is really well suited to mobile.

1 Like

NO

YOUTUBING RIGHT NOW

i uh

didn’t realize the twitch embed earlier was autoplaying…

oops

fixed that.

1 Like

Played 45 minutes of FFVII on PS4 in honor of this being the 20th year since it first came out. I like the speed up feature they added which boosts the game speed by 3x so everything goes by really quick if you want it. You can also turn off random battles and/or start your party out with max health/mp and infinite limit breaks from the very start. I’m just playing it normally right now though.

Also it came with a dashboard theme for the PS4 background that has artwork from the upcoming remake. All the selection sound effects from the game are also applied so when you switch between the options menus and friends list and stuff and make selections it sounds just like it does in the game menus.

There’s also a piano piece that plays in the background. It’s the Midgar theme music. Out of the dozen or so Playstation dashboard themes I’ve downloaded this one is by far the most baller.

1 Like

Welp, the secret is ending is a motherfuckin joke ending, so I’m glad I didn’t spend all that time figuring out the puzzles!

The actual ending is nice enough though.

I started playing SubaraCity on 3ds and im utterly confused by the music. It’s really good, but feels so out of place! I kinda love it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfsGa6RqRJ0

1 Like

Don’t play FE4.

4 Likes

This is kinda hilarious, because I assume the music is meant to seem calm and relaxing, but instead it gives off an existential crisis sort of feeling, like “how much of my life has been wasted playing these pointless games”

2 Likes

I got bean’s quest for free and played it on the train to work. it is emoji: the game

FE4 is a game that I really tried to get into several times but it’s, like, the most tedious FE. And that’s saying something given that it’s a fairly tedious series!

Played a pile of Torchlight 2 with @VastleCania It’s a fun game. Clearly a take on Diablo 2. But man. We threw in some mods so I could play a Samurai, and it broke the game pretty hard. It would take a lot of damage to kill me at 7% health regen per swing.

2 Likes

Yeah, the balance of TL2 vanilla is not great, but some of the mods just break it entirely.

Torchlight 2 is all the shitty things from Diablo 2.

1 Like

I thought it was all the good parts of diablo 2

but I kinda hate diablo 2 and thought torchlight 2 was fine

yeah but it’s still a less cynical/overcooked implementation of those shitty things than diablo 3

like, for sure, magicka is a more inventive way to scratch the same itch, but

1 Like

If you try to play Torchlight 2 seriously in hardcore there are certain situations that will kill you dead with little recourse. You’re playing on the roll of dice in the upper difficulties, especially when dealing with bosses and some champions.

However if you play it casually solo it gets rather boring and you’re going through the motions (similar feeling from I got from playing Borderlands 2, to be honest). Multiplayer is the best way to go about it as a chill experience, shooting the shit while you’re shooting the shit.

1 Like

idk i’m having a fun time. I mean i’ve almost died a few times already. It’s not like I won’t hit the potion button. it’s odd though how most enemies do nothing and some hit you and it’s like OH SHIT RED ALERT, and none are tough and hurt you don’t don’t almost one shot you.

Well I escaped Midgar now the real journey begins and the best part of the game is behind me. Though to be honest I’m feeling kind of hooked back in now. The ability to speed the game up and turn off random encounters makes it incredibly replayable in 2017. I would not mind if they put out versions of VIII and IX that were like this one of VII.

I was totally sold on Torchlight 2 when my pet reindeer Jonas summoned his first skeleton archer. It’s just so cheerful and colourful and casually weird, I can even forgive its Put A Gear On It decorating.

2 Likes

Yeah, you’re doing it right. I’m the one that tried to play it at a level that would engage me after the first casual playthrough and the game just isn’t designed for it unmodded. Keep having fun. =)

1 Like