Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

says mister “137 hrs on record”

2 Likes

I think the definitive version (I’ll leave that up to you guys ;)) of Wonder Boy in Monster Land might be the perfect video game.

Never has there been a platfromer where the use of time gives so much emphasis on flow. Most platformers allow for inertia without consequence, but not Wonder Boy 2; stillness is death beyond death itself.

A pure arcade action game with discrete elements from multiple genres.

An open-microcosmic-world masterpiece.

2 Likes

So I played about 2 hours of FTL and I take back its perennial GOTY status. You all were right, the RNG is painful plus unlocking new ships is an incredible exercise in tedium. Specifically, finding just the right crew and tech in the right circumstances and praying for the random event to finally show up stinks.

Still an incredible OST though. I think I listened to the OST more than I played the game.

Anyway, it’s still a really good game but the overarching strategies are pretty annoying.

New GOTY contender: Bastion

2 Likes

bastion is many times less interesting than transistor. supergiant is a really polished studio & they make solid, accessible games, but I thought bastion got old quick.

1 Like

Agree Transistor is much better than Bastion, but like, Bastion is still pretty cool. It’s a good game. I like Bastion.

2 Likes

Playing The Red Star on PSP on my lunch break at the moment. I love the bullet hell boss fights, but the beat-em-up sections are a drag. Basically spamming the same move. Just read that there’s 18 stages on this thing, which is really stretching it thin. Not sure I’ll stick it out til the end. Nice companion piece to Cannon Spike.

FUCK QURUPECO :anger: :angry: :sob:

edit: WAIT CHA-CHA KILLED IT AHAHA!!!

then as i was victory-dancing around a great jaggi ran out of nowhere and took a bite out of me

this game kicks ass

3 Likes

Agreed, Transistor is the superior iteration, there are zero aspects that are not improved

You can order and receive a pizza

monster hunter is the greatest ever please keep posting about it

quru rules i haven’t hunted a quru in forever ahhhhh

1 Like

I actually like the music of Bastion more. Theyre both flawed in term of story but I still like the plots they tell. Transistor has far superior combat and aesthetics though.

Transistor’s OST is some tops trip hop and i won’t hear otherwise

1 Like

Started up Sonic Kart 2 a little while back and have sort of hit that point where I beat all the standard stuff and got as far in career as one normally can, leaving me with the option to redo everything in career on hard to try and unlock the last two racers or just put it down and move on with my life.

do the latter

cool game tho

what… if you… hate pizza?

?!

Yeah, so far so good. I am sticking with Shadowcraft to play grindy “recursive creatures” even if it doesn’t seem to be the right meta call at the moment. I am doing awfully in Take Two and the world of ranked is a sea of fights against aggro Swordcraft (aggro Swordcraft is fun to play). But yeah, really nice. Need to find people to play casual matches.

As with Hearthstone I miss reactive plays like counterspells. But I don’t see how you can implement something like that in an online card game without making it an UI nightmare like MODO.

Yeah, the closest you can get are cards with automatic effects that happen on the opponent’s turn, like Bloodcraft’s Yurius. I didn’t really start doing OK in Take Two until I’d played enough to get a sense of what cards are actually viable in that format, and started praying for the RNG to give me archetypes that are relatively easy to draft for, like Swordcraft. Should probably try picking Dragon in that mode more just to try and figure out what Dragon wants to do other than pray for getting the good “give me extra orbs” cards. I’ve played like 500 matches of this game and I’m still not really sure what they want to do other than pray like hell you don’t have an answer in hand for their bombs.

Can’t figure out Dragon either. It’s supposed to be ramp? But you are ramping into things that are not that game ending. Things like Daria are more backbreaking. Runecraft is even better at ramping, as you reduce the cost of your spells just by playing and don’t need to rely on so few cards that give one orb more. I’ve seen people playing a lot of the “discard the cheapest card” effects on Dragoncraft, so at least it can cycle faster through their deck?

The more I play it, by the way, the more I like the evolution mechanic and how it helps to balance who’s playing first. Sometimes you use it to make more favorable threats, or to push more damage or to make your creature survive and have a 2 for 1. It’s also a great way to add effects to creatures outside Enter the Game/Dies.

1 Like

2 Likes

i knew i’d like this game going into it, but i was not prepared for -CATCH HER-

3 Likes

sometimes, I have a think

if I played a game, maybe I could have an opinion…maybe i could…critIC it…

(continues to do nothing)

2 Likes