Games You Played Today ##RELOAD

I never really understood why all this effort went into the trying to make the GBA version of FFVI look and sound ALMOST as good (music not quite there and in mono, screen is cropped, framerate dips in Mode 7 parts) instead of putting the extra GBA stuff and bug fixes in the SNES version. Okay, so it’s definitely the difference in effort involved but still, isn’t this a game people have been doing complete overhauls of for years now?

i think those hacks exist but they’re in japanese

Adding a new dungeon to a Snes rom sounds really difficult

My SMT Apocalypse main save file got deleted. My second one 3 hours earlier works, but I can’t save the game at all. The game pretends it saved but nothing changes.
I will try deleting and redownloading the game later on I guess? I don’t have any other alternative :frowning:

play the SNES version so you can wear cool shades instead of going blind and kill the bosses with Vanish->X-Zone when you inevitably get bored in world of ruin

not really “new” but you reminded me of this wild romhack for FFV

It basically puts the Ancient Cave from Lufia 2 into FFV w/ all the attendant job-system goodies

Upon reading a bit about the music patch (it apparently works but there’s still some stuff messed up) I think I’ll go with the SNES version. Want the full experience, plus that’s how I did FFIV.

Thanks everyone!

Try to get the SNES version patched! The evade problem is a real problem!

I suppose there is this:

http://www.romhacking.net/reviews/1335/#review

1 Like

hey this is the same reason i used the lance!

1 Like

monhun is a bewildering timesink in that the first time I seriously committed to it, I used the greatsword for EIGHTY HOURS before realizing that incredible slowness and weight wasn’t inherent to the rest of the weapons. I use longsword now. Sometimes hammer. Little experimenting with gunlance because I love the concept.

1 Like

i fuck around w/ the gunlance & switch axe too b/c i love how weird they are. And if i just want a practical choice i go w/ longsword or dual blades. GS is my main though, besides feeling good and powerful it encourages me to pay more attention to monster patterns and exploit openings, theoretically at least making me better at all the other weapons :sunglasses:

cha-cha makes the cutest noises

3 Likes

Just played through part 1 of Sorcery! which was a pretty good time! I’ll tuck into part 2 shortly, I think. It took me a few dry runs before I made my way through successfully and I feel like there’s a really big chunk of part 1 I haven’t even touched in the slightest. I sort of made a beeline to the finish without exploring much because I was trying not to die and conserve gold/rations. The game was sure to remind me that I was still just rolling with this basic ass sword (well excuseeeee me, narrator!) at the end of part 1.

1 Like

I’m trying to hold off on playing sorcery until I get a new mobile device that can run it because 80 days was so much more compelling that way than on desktop

at this rate I’ll probably forget and be reminded several months later

in generations I main bow now? which is something I never thought I’d say but I haven’t played it in a while

used to be big into the S&S and hammer as well

also very tempted to change my “what is your favorite piece of clothing” answer to:

3 Likes

I actually own a Monster Hunter tie now. It’s amazing.

3 Likes

Every once in a while I get the urge to play CS GO. Then I play for arms race mode for two hours and remember how bad I am at CS GO

After touching Magic Online for a second and remembering why it’s a miserable experience I picked Shadowverse to scratch the itch of playing cards. Hearthstone is more popular but Shadowverse seems to be more generous with boosters and stuff.

So far so good. Waifu art get monotonous after a while but at least I like some of the mechanics.

Shadowverse is okay.

I am replaying The Evil Within and that is a fucking good videogame. The best AAA release of 2014 by far, imo. I’m kind of sad that people didn’t care about it. :frowning:

4 Likes

they really didn’t! Mikami hasn’t had much of an audience for a while and that was no exception…

In general I’ve been very impressed by the subset of (sonewhat) smaller big budget games that got a relatively quiet reception this generation, particularly when I play them after the fact with low expectations. Hitman felt like it actually got the praise it deserved, but I still won’t shut up about just cause 3.

2 Likes

I beat Q.U.B.E.

It was fine

EDIT: oops i wrote a thing about it on my abandoned blog