Games You Played Today Oratorio Tangram

the iPhone version might be more playable for you in that case?

if I had an iPhone, but ew to owning apple products (yes, I am still bitter that Apple tried to get me to buy a hundred dollar OS update to use Chrome like 10 years ago).

2 Likes

I mean I would be down to see a similar model applied to a skate game

like youā€™re just climbing this enormous skatepark mountain and youā€™re a character in skate 2 with the same physics and a skateboard and if you stay off your board for more than a few seconds you fall down and start over

1 Like

I finished up Wolfenstein 2 and really enjoyed it. Now I am playing Prey and it is pretty intense so far. I think I am really far away from the narrative falling apart.

whoa i didnā€™t know there was an ios version

god i wish iā€™d spent more of sbcon owning people at super pole riders

2 Likes

man war of the monsters is like, the opposite of an interesting game to watch. good to play tho imo

gears of war 3 is: okay. it starts awkwardly and ends weak.

My biggest memory of gears 3 is how it did actually do a decent job w/r/t female characters

Someone post that tweet

I beat Darker Side of the Moon on Mariodyssey but I still canā€™t get past halfway of that volleyball thing :expressionless:

Today I remembered why I donā€™t like Xevious (itā€™s not good)

3 Likes

Man I hated GoW 3. The Horde mode lost everything that was good about 2 ā€“ the idea of having to constantly create flanks and defend space in an open arena ā€“ and turned it into a tower-defense-ish laned turrets and traps garbage-pit.

And in terms of the general mechanics, they made the characters much more agile, but to the point that it started feeling like an even slower Halo minus the verticality. Ugh!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Rainbow Six: Siege recently. That game is fantastic fun with friends. Is anyone else playing it? In many ways, itā€™s the game I always wanted Counter Strike to be in my head. The operator abilities + the general destructibility and navigability of the maps also prevents it from turning into the execution of rote optimal strategies, at least not nearly to the degree that CS has over the years.

1 Like

No, Xevious is not good. Itā€™s great. When I was young, I dressed up as a Xevious arcade cabinet for Halloween one year. I used markers on a big box to make the costume. I only wore it to school, though. It was too cumbersome to wear trick-or-treating at night.

Okay, so maybe the game is kind of a chore to actually play. But thatā€™s not enough to overcome my nostalgia for it. And I still want to see that mysterious Xevious movie.

16 Likes

i streamed dark souls 3 today and with the power of @HOBO and my friend and some rando i beat vordt on my second try

2 Likes

I VOLLEYED THE FUCKING BALL

7 Likes

thereā€™s so much about the jet set radio games to be interpreted in regards to like youth movements against gentrification and urban development. the rokakku group attempting to bomb the large hexagon tokyo-toā€™s housing projects exist in to stop the GGs is a thing that happens and eviction by arson is a thing that happens.

rokakku goji erects a living version of taro okamotoā€™s tower of the sun and claims that the rokakku-approved arts are the best arts or something. he djs atop the living tower of the sun.

idk any other games with these kinds of themes existing together, but all i see about JSR is like ā€œi only listen to metallica but hideki naganuma made me like electronic musicā€ and moving around feels good (only in jsrf)

12 Likes

Reverse horde mode where you could play a bunch of bugos was awesome tho

1 Like

Alright, eventually OVIVO got kinda tiresome. I think this game would be a real chore for a completionist.

The Sun and Moon already promises to be a better take on the core gameplay concept.

Hearthstone has a new free single player campaign that is 100% the best campaign theyā€™ve ever done. It takes its mechanics from tabletop card game campaigns like the Arkham Horror LCG. You start with a crappy generic deck and then do a ā€œdungeon crawlā€ where you face increasingly tough opponents. After each match, you get to upgrade your deck by adding little 3-card packages to it. Itā€™s super fun and satisfying!

4 Likes

I feel itā€™d help for the game to have a button to lock the angle of the hammer so you could make your jumps with full force and better calculated. I really hate the vertical tunnel with the lampposts. The only method Iā€™ve found with semi regular results is banging back and forth on each wall with the right timing and swing where I start inching up like some kind of weird pendulum.